The Catering Services Director is responsible for planning and leading the entire catering operation across multiple units or in a large account. The Catering Services Director will be responsible for the Catering team, planning, and completing catering orders and special events. Additionally, the Catering Services Director will be responsible for the budgets and financial goals of the department.
• Coordinate total catering operations to include duties such as booking events, supervising teams, developing, selecting, and costing menus, pricing, hiring, and departmental administration
• Be responsible for all aspects of preparation, service, and cleanup for multiple catering operations
• Develop and implement catering solutions to meet customers' needs
• Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport
• Develop and implement annual comprehensive marketing plan for catering, including but not limited to collateral, sales strategies, and marketing budgets
• Establish and implement service and presentation standards for all catering operations, implement processes to ensure compliance and consistency
• Implement new services to support base business growth and client retentions
• Stay ahead of and advise clients, customers and staff on current catering trends and products
• Facilitate the delivery of prepared food built from banquet event orders
• Participate in sales process and negotiations of contracts and assist clients in planning special events
• Train and lead catering employees to ensure catering standards are followed
• Responsible for setting and delivering sales, food, and labor targets
• Responsible for execution of catering events of varied size and scope including staffing and management
• Responsible for components accounting functions including accurate reporting of all catering related revenue, expenses, and receivables
• Ensure compliance with all food, occupational and environmental safety policies
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Requires at least 4 years of experience
• Requires at least 1-3 years of experience in a management role
• Previous experience in events and catering required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• Strong communication skills
• Available to work event-based hours
• Complete Food Handlers and Alcohol Service Certifications as required
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.