The Cashier is responsible for accurately processing merchandise transactions, maintaining the balance of the cash drawer, and maintaining their assigned work locations, while providing excellent customer service.
• Accurately operate a register/POS and handle cash and credit card transactions.
• Greet and assist customers while anticipating their needs
• Count, organize and balance cash drawer, fill out the cashier slip and make deposits
• Adheres to Aramark's cash handling policies and procedures
• Understand and be knowledgeable of the merchandise for sale to assist customers and accurately process transactions
• Complete opening and closing procedures as assigned for unit based on operating hours
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment during service and at the end of shift.
• Ensure product in location is stocked to appropriate levels throughout service and replenish items as needed.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• Previous cash handling experience preferred
• Basic math & counting skills required
• Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
• Complete Food Handler and Alcohol Service trainings as required by location
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.