Building Automation Tech/Recommissioning Specialist - Chicago Public Schools
- Chicago, IL
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Engineering Solutions (ES) provides a variety of architectural and engineering consulting services including energy management, capital project management and building commissioning for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic team with an impressive track record with $7 Billion in projects commissioned, $3 Billion in capital projects managed and over $400 million in energy savings.
- Lead and manage the execution of high profile and complex building commissioning, retro-commissioning projects
- Provide hands-on field expert level support of construction and functional testing phases of new or newly renovated building commissioning projects
- Lead the investigative phase of retro-commissioning projects to identify deficiencies and appropriate solutions
- Lead client meetings at high profile accounts and demonstrate appropriate level of technical capabilities.
- Direct the organization and preparation of the project through assembling needed project information, tools and work documents to industry standards in timely manner
- Troubleshoot system operational issues that impact system operation and energy efficiency
- Oversee and perform Field Observations to meet the proposal and client expectations
- Lead commissioning meetings
- Perform design reviews at various stages of design development
- Review and confirm Basis of Design (BOD) and Owner Project Requirements (OPR)
- Perform submittals reviews and prepare commissioning test forms and equipment checklists
- Perform field inspections, equipment startups, test and balance activities, and functional performance tests
- Prepare commissioning reports and maintain commissioning issues lists
- Responsible for the technical quality, accuracy on multiple commissioning projects
- Responsible for personal time management
- Planning for project activities and keeping accurate records
- Technical report writing and editing
- Client management and communication
- Communication with other staff including Engineers and Administration Staff
Education and Qualifications:
- Required level of Technical Experience or Associates/Bachelors Degree in related field with minimum 5-10 years experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of building systems controls or HVAC experience
- Strong HVAC and/or controls background
- Proven track record of delivering assigned projects
- Strong problem solving, communication and collaborative team building skills
- New construction commissioning experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Have a basic understanding of LEED commissioning and enhanced commissioning requirements.
- Have a basic understanding of plumbing systems and commissioning processes for those systems
- Have a basic understanding of electrical and emergency power systems.
Back to top