Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Assistant Human Resource Manager is responsible for providing support to managers and employees regarding HR policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns, and making recommendations that promote positive employee relations. The main area of responsibility is to serve as a resource to management with recruitment and hiring best practices and provide support with human resource administrative duties. This is a 10 month role with 2 months off during the winter.
• Support the Human Resource Manager with seasonal hourly employee recruiting, hiring, and onboarding standard operating procedures and systems
• Ensure compliance with employee file retention as per Aramark policy
• Support the Human Resource Manager and managers with scheduling, staffing, meal/break compliance; support employee engagement programs and J1 Visa program
• Assist with HR projects and initiatives as the need arises; audit SharePoint site to ensure information is current and accessible.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• 2 + years of experience in employee relations or related experience
• Bachelor's degree in HR or a equivalent experience required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to influence others on policies, practices, and procedure
• Effective at capturing and synthesizing information from multiple parties
• Solid understanding of employment laws
• Ability to handle sensitive and highly personal information daily and maintain confidentiality in a mature and insightful manner
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with case management technology preferred
• Bilingual preferred