The Accounting Specialist is responsible for analyzing information, maintaining accurate records, assisting with accounting duties, and provide timely, courteous responses to inquiries or complaints from clients, vendors, and lenders. You should also be a skilled researcher and possess strong communication and computer skills.
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of monthly operating results to Accounting Leadership along with variance explanations.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly operating statements to ensure compliance, accordance with contractual obligations and commitments and Aramark policy and procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger.
- Review balance sheets on quarterly basis with accountants and supervisors to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Ensure compliance with Aramark policy and procedures and client contractual obligations for all locations.
- Assist with corporate reporting and internal auditing reports and questions.
- Participate in special projects as required by management.
- Process and organize invoices to ensure bills are paid and received in a timely manner.
- Review ledgers, statements and balance sheets for accuracy.
- Record financial information and provide summaries when necessary.
- Recommend actions to stop misuse of budget and reduce loss.
- Maintain accounts by recording, identifying, and verifying financial transactions.
- Follow internal accounting procedures and policies to ensure financial security is maintained.
- Attend conferences, workshops and other informative meetings to stay up-to-date on new technologies.
- Collaborate with others in the accounting department to ensure all financial actions are accurate.
- This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- 2-3 years of experience in accounts payable or accounting
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Technical knowledge of accounting regulations, policies and procedures
- Strong computer skills including accounting databases, Excel and other software
- Ability to thoroughly analyze and research information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.