The Field Sales Specialist is responsible for achieving their quarterly and annual sales plan by securing new client appointments and optimally building a sales pipeline through continuous, ongoing prospecting for new customers. The Field Sales Specialist is responsible for gathering client intelligence prior to the first appointment and building a program to meet client needs, driving close rates. This role will negotiate pricing, product, and equipment options, and coordinate vital program demos.
• Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales revenue targets by developing a territory-specific growth plan.
• Meet or exceed prospecting activity expectations as determined by Sales Management.
• Secure prospective client appointments via participation in targeted telemarketing, drop-offs, cold calling, and other selling strategies
• Update sales software database daily/weekly as advised by Sales Management
• Prepare for client appointments by performing client research, tailoring sales materials, and using available resources
• Meet with prospective clients to secure their business.
• Implement appropriate follow-up client meetings to complete the sales process.
• Meet client timelines and deliverables for installation via close coordination with client partners.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of 3+ years of business-to-business, outside sales experience focused on new account generation, preferably selling a service
• Shown success in developing new business and generating sales leads within an assigned sales territory
• Strong presentation and communication skills with a consultative selling approach
• Ability to influence decision makers at all levels of an organization, from a CEO to a front office professional
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
• A valid driver's license
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.