Aramark Remote Workplace Services is looking for a 2nd Cook on a 2 and 2 rotation. The 2nd Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitization procedures. The 2nd Cook should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryer, ovens, broilers etc.
Do you love to cook? Are you passionate about food? As a Cook on our team, you'll help bring recipes to life while being able to flex your creativity! Surrounded by fresh ingredients and the best equipment, you'll be immersed in a world that goes beyond food preparation - experimenting with different cuisines, flavors, and cooking styles. At Aramark, we care about your health, so we have production guidelines and safety procedures in place to help you do what you love. Get ready to reach new heights, ignite your passion, and pursue what matters by cooking with us!
- Accountable and responsible for maintaining a culture focused on having Safety as a value
- Must be able to safely operate kitchen equipment including but not limited to: slicers, grills and deep fryers
- Proper food storage, rotation, and discarding of expired foods fall under HACCP and FIFO guidelines
- Ensure adequate quantities of the menu choices are prepared as per the menu plan, and follow production quotas as set down by the Chef
- Cooking on the line, grill, oven and fryers
- Ensure proper tools and guidelines are followed for portioning and sanitation purposes
- Serving customers
- Ensure guests/clients at site receive superior customer service
- Replenish stock including but is not limited to: sandwiches, salads and deserts as needed
- Breakfast preparation and cooking duties may be required
- Shall attend all safety meetings and participate in Client and/or Aramark Emergency Response Procedures
- Additional duties may be assigned
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties or responsibilities. Developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Experience as a cook or in a related role required
• Validated knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as accurate food handling, sanitation, and storage
• Must be able to acquire food safety certification
• Demonstrate basic math and counting skills
• Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
Physical demands including, but not limited to, minimum 10 hrs, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.