Technical Support Analyst
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models.
Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Technical Support Analyst provides software and system support for customers. Researches and resolves problems and issues, in conjunction with Software environments. Requires interface with other team members and customers.
Knowledge: Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Complexity: Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
Supervision: Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Incident Resolution
- Provide expert solutions to complex customer problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating incidents.
- Take ownership of and follow-through with all priority customer incidents.
- Observe trends with technical issues and recommend improvements to design, documentation or implementation.
- Work with Services and R&D to expedite incident resolution and ensure seamless delivery of support service to customers.
- Determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Set severity levels with customers.
- May be assigned escalated tickets.
- Knowledge Management
- Clearly and concisely document all customer interaction and all steps taken to resolve incidents.
- Develop expertise within product area.
- Contribute to a customer focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer incidents as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Attend training sessions offered and assist with peer training as needed.
- Create KB articles and documents using the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology, to be published and shared both internally and with the customer base.
- Offer complete and timely technical explanations to customers throughout the incident resolution process and ensure that customers' staff fully understand issue, its resolutions and means for prevention.
- Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure professional telephone manner at all times.
- Additional Duties
- May be required to assist with incident assignment duties.
- Participate in team projects.
- Participates in system and release testing and QA as needed.
- Manage assigned Projects effectively (workload management).
- Recommend improvements in Support policies and procedures.
- Create software and document enhancement requests.
- May be required to participate in billable engagements.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree required
Typically requires 1 - 2 years of experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts, architecture and SQL
- Ability to write and run SQL scripts preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Track record in providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
If you require any accommodation assistance throughout the recruitment and selection process, please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at 888 506 0711 and ask for Human Resources. Let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we would be happy to assist you.
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top