Technical Documentation Specialist (3-5 Years)
- Bengaluru, India
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo.
That's why over 4,100+ highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations. Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals.
Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Selection Process- Aptitude(Math/ Logical Reasoning)/ Technical Writing Test/ Technical Interview/ Managerial Interview
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain online help, user guides, API documentation and other document types.
- Create flowcharts and other diagrams.
- Monitor issue tracking systems, in-house IM systems, and wiki pages for updates affecting the documentation.
- Use the application that you are documenting and be an excellent customer advocate.
- Maintain consistency in tone and style.
- Conform to the Technical Publications documentation standards and best practices.
- Detail oriented with an eye for improving existing work.
- Work with senior writers, developers, product managers, and other partners to understand the requirements and scope of product documentation deliverables.
- Coordinate document reviews with stakeholders, and incorporate feedback.
- Participate in technical and functional review meetings.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Quickly learn and understand new technical features and concepts with passion.
- Achieve and maintain relevant product knowledge.
- Analyze and understand documentation requirements and the audiences.
- Work with minimal supervision and complete tasks on schedule.
- Capable of working on multiple projects at the same time and prioritizing work appropriately.
· Any graduation
· 3-5 year of technical writing experience or any other role in a software company.
· Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with global and culturally diverse departments and groups.
· Ability to clearly express complex ideas and concepts.
· Knowledge of technical communication best practices.
· Strong vocabulary and sentence structuring knowledge.
· Deeper understanding of the SDLC and DDLC processes.
· Strong knowledge of:
o Madcap Flare or any topic based authoring tool
o Standard technical content development tools.
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Visio, Illustrator, or Draw.io
o Source control tools and SharePoint
o Markup languages such as HTML, XML, and Markdown
o Video editing tools
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top