Technical Documentation Lead (8-13 Years)
- Bengaluru, India
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo.
That's why over 4,100+ highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations. Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals.
Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Lead Technical Writer
Selection Process- Aptitude(Math/ Logical Reasoning)/ Technical Writing Test/ Technical Interview/ Managerial Interview
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain online help, user guides, API documentation, and other document types.
- Understand the technical writing process, possess the technical expertise to explain complex technical concepts, have superb communication, leadership, project planning skills, and lead a writing team.
- Monitor issue tracking systems, in-house IM systems, and wiki pages for updates affecting the documentation.
- Maintain consistency in tone and style.
- Achieve and maintain relevant product knowledge.
- Conform to the Technical Publications documentation standards and best practices.
- Detail oriented with an eye for improving existing work.
- Collaborate with software developers, product managers, writers, information architects, quality engineers, and technical support engineers to research, develop and review information.
- Interact with different business groups, scope documentation assignments, define customer requirements for documentation projects, and create documentation plans and schedules.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational and project leadership skills to effectively track and manage assignments, including the ability to estimate, prioritize, and organize tasks effectively.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
· Any graduation
· 8 to 10 years of technical writing experience in a software company. Experience in ERP domain is an advantage.
· 3 years of experience leading a writing team.
· Experience mentoring and training other writers.
· Experience managing writing projects, including coordinating with other teams.
· Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with global and culturally diverse departments and groups.
· Ability to clearly express complex ideas and concepts.
· Knowledge of technical communication best practices.
· Strong vocabulary and sentence structuring knowledge.
· Deeper understanding of the SDLC and DDLC processes.
· Strong knowledge of:
o Madcap Flare or any topic based authoring tool
o Standard technical content development tools.
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Visio, Illustrator, or Draw.io
o Source control tools and SharePoint
o Markup languages such as HTML, XML, and Markdown
o Video editing tools
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top