Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives & Operations, R&D
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 2,500 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives & Operations, R&D reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Aptean. Working closely with business partners and R&D Leaders across the enterprise, this position acts as facilitator and collaborator in driving the CTO agenda. This position is a strategic and integral member of the CTO's leadership team.
In working closely with the CTO, successful candidate will help manage and oversee cross-functional projects and initiatives related to process improvement and technical operations while ensuring overall CTO Office leadership effectiveness.
This individual must have the ability to build strong business relationships, manage a wide variety of programs, promote and execute business or engineering processes, possess good financial analytical skills, and display solid leadership and change management skills; all coupled with the ability to think strategically yet execute in a hands-on manner. This individual must be self-motivated and have prior experience in managing or directing both international and US based teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and oversees CTO Office strategic initiatives and projects including, but not limited to acquisition integration, portfolio and vendor management, learning and development and organizational alignment and transformation.
- Plans, coordinates, and prioritizes the schedule, agenda, and activities of the office of CTO and ensures that no responsibilities and deliverables fall through the cracks.
- Develops and manages internal and external CTO Office communications in a way that demonstrates a deep understanding of message content and impact on the intended audience.
- Coordinates and oversees the quarterly and annual planning/review process from an operational and budgetary perspective.
- Guides and manages operations and performance dashboard and analytics to monitor business unit key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Solicits relevant input and assist in preparation of the presentations for executive staff and board of directors.
- Facilitate the definition, monitoring and reporting of overall CTO metrics and associated actions.
- Able to facilitate techno-functional discussions with senior business and technology leaders and have a commanding presence combined with strong, clear and concise communications skills.
- Produces excel spreadsheets with formulas, lookup tables, pivot tables etc., to summarize complex data sets.
- Use skill of persuasion in communication and ability to develop effective communication strategy
- Expert project, people and change management skills are required
- Product Development background preferred
Bachelor's degree required
6-8+ years leading a technology based function or similar role that involves executive level interactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree required
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Provides leadership and presence to regularly present information to an executive audience.
- Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced degree (e. g. MS/MBA) preferred.
- Proven track record of success in an operational role where executive priorities are translated in to actionable plans that can be tracked.
- Executive presence and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to think conceptually, understand the big picture and convey to others.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Aptean's Employees
Kristin A.Senior Director, Demand Generation, Marketing
Kristin manages global lead generation, digital and customer marketing, and marketing operations with a goal to elevate the Aptean brand, create value for prospects and customers, and help Aptean to grow.
Back to top