Senior Engineer, Development
Would you like to be a part of the organisation where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!! Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America. Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve. Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
- Expertise on OpenEdge 4GL programming language
- Thorough knowledge on Progress 4GL appserver and progress database management
- Hands-on Progress 4GL experience with versions 10.x. or 11.x
- Experience in App builder and Class Implementation
- Mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Experience on TFS is a plus
- Experience on ERP domain
- Understanding of Object Orientated Analysis and Design and Component analysis
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on medium to large size projects.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Keeps the Principal in Charge informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables and understands the limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role and respects the boundaries of the Principal in Charge's responsibilities.
- Leads the project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
- An ability to balance multiple time-critical tasks at the same time.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Meet Some of Aptean's Employees
Kristin A.Senior Director, Demand Generation, Marketing
Kristin manages global lead generation, digital and customer marketing, and marketing operations with a goal to elevate the Aptean brand, create value for prospects and customers, and help Aptean to grow.
Back to top