Project Manager, Professional
This position will work under the JustFood product. JustFood is a purpose-built software created to address the unique challenges of organizations in food manufacturing and distribution. Over the past 15 years, our experienced food and technology experts have helped customers across North America lower costs, improve food safety, and manage compliance.
Reporting to the Director of Consulting Services, the Project Manager has overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and completion of implementation projects for new midsize IndustryBuilt customers. This person will foster close cooperative relationships with peers within their team and department. They will also build and maintain relationships with cross functional teams within the organization, while drawing from a talented resource pool dedicated to their projects.
With company benefits such as fitness and home internet expenses, and our extensive work-from-home policy, IndustryBuilt equips its employees with the tools they need to be successful both in their careers and their personal lives. In fact, IndustryBuilt was named a Great Place to Work in Canada for 2017, a Deloitte Best Managed Company in Canada for 2018, and is certified as a Great Place to Work in the US.
As an Aptean company, IndustryBuilt is part of an international network that delivers industry-specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. We are able to hold onto our tightknit small company roots, while leveraging Aptean's global resources, such as the Ross ERP and Factory MES.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (i.e. Solution Architects, Business Analyst, etc.) and external clients to ensure alignment in the requirements and milestones necessary for successful project delivery and completion
- Work with clients to identify true business needs and solutions to effectively set and manage their expectations
- Create, communicate and execute project plans, and revise as appropriate to ensure deliverables are met
- Manage ongoing operational tasks including: profitability, revenue, margins, billing rates, resource utilization, risk and exposure mitigation
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Effectively enforce implementation methodology and project standards
- Apply knowledge of application programming, database and system design to contribute towards the constant improvement of service delivery best practices
- Continually seek ways to deepen client relationships by increasing satisfaction, and identifying potential "add-on" business development opportunities
- Travel to client sites across Canada and the US. Expected travel is 30%
- Maintain a baseline utilization rate of 65%
- Maintain project budgets and timelines
- Customer Satisfaction and Engagement
- 5+ years' Project Management experience, including a demonstrated ability to execute projects from the requirements gathering phase through deployment
- 3+ years ERP implementation experience, including enterprise-wide multi-site software solution implementation, is a must
- Degree or Diploma in a related field (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Environmental Sciences) or equivalent experience
- PMP certification is an asset
- Experience in change management - effectively communicating changes, building commitment, and overcoming resistance to prepare and support those affected
- Knowledge of requirements solicitation, application development, logical and physical database design and networking
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, including waterfall and agile
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally to drive the creation and use of business systems and processes
- Expert communication and consulting skills to build strong relationships with business users, team members, and service providers
- Food industry experience an asset
For US candidates:
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
For Canada candidates:
If you require any accommodation assistance throughout the recruitment and selection process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 888 506 0711 and ask for Human Resources. Let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we would be happy to assist you.
Meet Some of Aptean's Employees
Senior Director, Demand Generation, Marketing
Kristin manages global lead generation, digital and customer marketing, and marketing operations with a goal to elevate the Aptean brand, create value for prospects and customers, and help Aptean to grow.
Back to top