Project Manager, ERP/Food & Beverage
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That's why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive for Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Project Manager (ERP) oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of customer and internal projects related to ERP offerings. The Project Manager ensures that projects are completed on time and within budget, that the objectives are met, and that all resources are performing their services effectively. With very little supervision, the Project Manager oversees complex projects to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are utilized, and the different interests involved are satisfied.
In addition, the Project Manager (ERP) uses knowledge and expertise in the Food and Beverage manufacturing industry to guide specific projects related to this industry and for strategic customers within the food manufacturing vertical.
As a self-starter, the Project Manager can involve the right resources to drive decisions and actions that affect the outcomes of projects. This role takes Project Management from process to consultative, assisting the Professional Services PMO with becoming a best in class delivery organization.
Will involve 40% travel to customer sites.
Knowledge: As an expert in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
Complexity: Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and can serve as external spokesperson for the organization.
Supervision: Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Acts as a bridge between departments or functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multiple complex ERP projects to completion, utilizing standard processes and tools, including, but not limited to:
- Large revenue projects.
- Complex requirements and/or scope.
- High risk projects.
- Complex or difficult customer relationships.
- Define and drive scope and work plans to deliver projects.
- Align resources to the right tasks and milestones to track work and milestones effectively.
- Communicate openly with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to ensure project status is visible and accessible.
- Tie strategic objectives to project outcomes to ensure that value is delivered as part of engagements.
- Define success measures to drive business engagement.
- Work with multiple resources and manage human dynamics of project teams effectively.
- Utilize and champion the Pathfinder methodology internally and externally.
- Contract qualified consultants to work on projects as appropriate.
- Manage project budgets and financial expectations for projects.
- Assist in forecasting revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates, and utilization across multiple projects.
- Serve as the primary escalation point for project issues and risks.
- Practice effective risk management processes to minimize exposure.
- Serves as an advocate for Aptean and the Professional Services organization.
- Effectively conveys the Aptean message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Grows long-term, productive relationships with clients.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Champion new processes and methodologies within the Professional Services teams and throughout the enterprise.
Bachelor's degree required; PMP certification required.
Depending on position, experience can range from 7-10 years. Has work experience in professional services or support.
- Experience working with ERP solutions is required.
- Experience with food manufacturing and distribution is required.
- Experience working with offshore developments is preferred.
- Experience working with SaaS and cloud implementations is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
- Proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Solid track record of relevant commercial experience
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other enterprise collaboration tools.
- Personal Characteristics - Enthusiastic, works well under pressure, self-motivated.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top