Product Owner, Manufacturing Software
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 2,500 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Business Analyst is responsible for developing detailed use cases and functional requirements of complex scope using standard concepts and principles. S/he works as a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance. S/he should be able to apply own judgment and independently determine a course of action to execute it, post review. S/he is responsible for coaching, guiding and mentoring junior members in the team to help them scale up faster.
Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Provides solutions to issues utilizing judgment. Highly-skilled and proficient. Works on complex projects.
- Responsible for understanding both technical and business concepts, and communicating those concepts to the architects and development teams.
- Works closely with Product Managers to develop detailed use cases and functional requirements that are based on system knowledge, domain expertise and research.
- Works with Product Architects and Development teams to design technical solutions that will address business concepts/problems presented.
- Works closely with Product Managers and Software Architects during software design and planning process to understand high level functional requirements and the business problems.
- Conduct business /systems analysis for new features being proposed. Performs systems analysis on changes on incremental enhancements suggested. Creates detail use cases that captures detailed requirements.
- Works with product architects and product developers in proposing appropriate solution design for all suggested features and enhancements.
- Works with Product Manager to apply stack ranking values and set use case priority base on business urgency and priorities.
- Participates in test planning. Performs acceptance on completed use cases during development cycle. Documents new and existing system design and functions.
- Works with Technical Writers on end user and system documentation, reviews and approves documentations. Provide training on new features added to the software to internal groups in preparation for release readiness.
- Keep updated on recent developments in business architecture, requirements methodologies and tools, business process modeling and tools and industry best practices.
- Helps to evolve the organization's business expertise in order to better support our customers' current and future needs.
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 1 year and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Typical range is 2-5 years.
Rich experience in ERP/CRM/SCM as implementer or customer support team or as functional consultant. Should have working experience of functional transaction or production transaction. Experience with software development teams building commercially viable products.
Working knowledge of:
- writing use cases
- activity diagrams
- requirement gathering and analysis
- project management
Good knowledge of:
- programming languages
- UI design tools
- Analytics, and non-functional requirements like Scalability, Performance, and Security is an advantage
Skills and Abilities
Critical Thinking and Problem solving, Good Team player, Excellent Written and Spoken Communication skills, Mentoring and Coaching, excellent Stakeholder Communication, Negotiation skills, Assertiveness, Customer Management, Intercultural skills, ability to Work with Global Teams at different time zones.
Knowledge or experience in two or more of the following business processes:
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Management
- Material/Ingredient Control
- Quality Management
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
At Aptean, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. If you require any accommodation assistance throughout the recruitment and selection process, please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at (855) 411-2783 and ask for Human Resources. Let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we would be happy to assist you.
Back to top