Principal CS Consultant, Services
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That's why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Principal Customer Solutions Consultant
Provide application consulting and support to Aptean customers. Participate as a member of the implementation team to deploy new projects, and/or provide on-going support to their existing installation. Consult with customers in the configuration and usage of application modules; research and resolves problems and issues. Manage customer expectations and foster positive business relationships with all customers.
Requires interface with customers and other team members. May involve travel to customer sites.
- Provide consulting services to customers based on Aptean's service delivery methodology and procedures; services engagements may include implementation consulting, upgrade consulting, training, testing, and/or process improvement consulting.
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with project manager and project team to deliver projects on time, on budget, on schedule.
- Submit time and expenses punctually each week.
- Maintain a professional appearance when onsite with customers.
- May be required to design solutions and prepare design specifications.
- Work with customers and Account Management team to uncover opportunities for additional products and services.
- May be required to estimate activities for future work.
- Provide expert solutions to complex customer problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating incidents.
- Take ownership of and follow-through with all priority customer incidents.
- Offer complete and timely explanations to customers throughout the incident resolution process and ensure that customers' staff fully understand issue, its resolutions and means for prevention.
- Clearly and concisely document all customer interaction and all steps taken to resolve incidents.
- Observe trends and recommend improvements to product design, documentation or implementation and create necessary enhancement requests.
- Work with R&D and product line team to expedite incident resolution and ensure seamless delivery of support service to customers.
- Determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Set severity levels with customers.
- Act as application expert for escalations.
- Vet escalations for consistent application of escalation policy.
- Recommend escalations for approval by Team Lead or Management.
- Recommends to Development patch and utility programs that are needed.
- Perform root cause analyses to recommend changes to Aptean products or policies as a result of escalations.
- Expand expertise within the product.
- Attend training sessions offered and use self-study tools; assist with peer training as needed.
- Contribute to a customer focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer incidents as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Create KB articles and documents using the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology, to be published and shared both internally and with the customer base.
- Participate in management and evolution of the Knowledgebase to ensure completeness of solutions
- Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure a professional communication manner when in-person or on the phone at all times.
- Take ownership of all issues for escalated At-Risk customers, maintain constant communication with customers and executive management and work until issues are resolved.
Mentoring & Training
- Act as a coach and mentor for more junior personnel.
- Recommend and develop training sessions for knowledge sharing within the team.
- Participates in system and release testing and QA as needed.
- Recommend improvements in Customer Solutions policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses working knowledge of the Aptean application and demonstrates proficiency in key areas of the application.
- Understands the industry and business environment served by the application.
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts and architecture.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Track record in providing outstanding customer service.
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top