Manager, Cloud Operations, Cloud Hosting Services
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That's why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Manager of Cloud Operations will work collaboratively within CHS, reporting directly to the Sr. Director. They will lead the operations and support function for AWS or Azure, to support applications and infrastructure designed to function well on the Azure or AWS cloud services and drive efficiency, scalability and maintainability. This person will ensure execution of support and operations, to the highest standards for a specific cloud technology. A successful candidate will have proven track record as a technologist, managing technical initiatives and staff, and an established background in related Cloud technologies including cloud applications and data centers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently demonstrate aptitude in the area of cloud technologies.
- Support Aptean products to work well with cloud technologies. Help Development teams deploy their products in the cloud environment.
- Contribute to, and drive the teams to implement, the best practices provided by the Cloud Engineering team for the CHS department in the Cloud space, as well as for Azure or AWS. Ensure that Cloud Services are monitored and tuned for strong server performance. Implement build, deployment, and patch management processes and tools across systems. Document those best practices.
- Oversee Azure or AWS Cloud Administrators. Drive the Administrators team to ensure that products works well in the cloud. Support Environments and Automation to ensure they work well for the department. Oversee scheduling and escalations for up to 24 hour support for products in the cloud environment.
- (AWS Only) Oversee Linux Administrators to implement security, standards, patches, scripting, best practices, and support.
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 infrastructure support for various product lines that are hosted in Aptean's cloud environment.
- Participate in governance frameworks to ensure that processes are developed, adopted by the organization, and adhered.
- Run system-monitoring tools, such as Nagios and application monitoring tools like AppDynamics.
- Adhere to strict change control and associated management.
Bachelors degree required
At least Azure MCSA or AWS Certified Associate required. Azure MCSE or AWS Certified Professional is preferred.
Minimum 8 years of experience in roles like Cloud Administrator, release and build operations, people management, etc.
- Hands-on experience with a breadth of technologies across operating systems, application servers, database and middleware infrastructure - being experienced and comfortable with Linux (AWS) or Windows (Azure) environments is required.
- Proven knowledge of optimizing software for performance, scalability and high availability - experience deploying software products is a strong asset.
- Experience with multi-tenancy and the associated capabilities is an asset.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and services for security, reliability and scalability.
- Ability to create, deploy and manage Azure and/or AWS services.
- Experience with virtualization technologies and migration paths to cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of security practices and understanding of vulnerability remediation.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and proactively offer suggestions and/or resolutions.
- Must have people management experience.
- Ability to coordinate approaches with other CHS leaders to form a standard approach.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle including requirements definition, initial application design, testing, and final implementation
- Security certifications are an asset.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
Back to top