Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That's why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Lead Accountant on the GL team will be responsible for preparing payroll for Aptean's global business and ensuring its correctness as well as alignment with current labor regulations.
The candidate will need to be self-motivated and have the ability to work autonomously to agreed deadlines. Attention to detail is highly important and a structured methodical approach is necessary.
Knowledge: Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Contributes as both an individual and an informal supervisor on assigned projects.
Complexity: Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Supervision: Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Serves as a mentor to others. Supervises others when leading projects they own.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the coordination of various activities across the GL Team on an as-needed basis.Nested list item
- Responsible for end to end service delivery for assigned processes.
- Understands SLA requirements and works to consistently achieve and surpass expectations.
- Review processes in order to implement changes that will result in a more efficient and effective process.
- Records global payroll activities based on payroll cycles.
- Records compensation related accruals including but not limited to vacation/holiday, bonuses, taxes, pension and benefits.
- Record commissions actuals and accruals. Reconcile commission accounts and prepare commission related variance analysis
- Records restructuring severance accruals.
- Reconcile and review assigned balance sheet reconciliations. Prepare compensation related variance analysis. Ensures any reconciling items are addressed timely.
- Ensures monthly close deadlines are met.
- Responds to all inquiries in a timely manner.
Bachelor's degree required, Masters Degree preferred
Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 5 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 4 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range of experience is 6-9 years.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skillsBullet list item
- Extensive knowledge in accounting and due diligence
- Proven team management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build relations
- Knowledge of US GAAP
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top