Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That's why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Job Description -
This position will work Central Time Zone Hours and will require EDI experience.
In this role, the CS Engineer, EDI will provide technical consulting, custom development and support to Aptean customers. The role will also include researching and resolving problems and issues, in conjunction with Software environments. Requires interface with other team members and customers. May be an escalation point for support. May involve travel to customer sites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consulting Services
- Provide technical consulting services to customers based on Aptean's service delivery methodology and procedures; services engagements may include installation, upgrade consulting, training, custom development, testing, and/or infrastructure consulting.
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with project manager and project team to deliver projects on time, on budget, on schedule.
- Submit time and expenses punctually each week.
- Maintain a professional appearance when onsite with customers.
- Incident Resolution
- Provide expert solutions to complex customer problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating incidents.
- Take ownership of and follow-through with all priority customer incidents.
- Observe trends with technical issues and recommend improvements to design, documentation or implementation.
- Work with Services and R&D to expedite incident resolution and ensure seamless delivery of support service to customers.
- Determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Set severity levels with customers.
- Will be assigned escalated tickets.
- Knowledge Management
- Clearly and concisely document all customer interaction and all steps taken to resolve incidents.
- Develop expertise within product area.
- Contribute to a customer focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer incidents as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Attend training sessions offered and assist with peer training as needed.
- Create KB articles and documents using the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology, to be published and shared both internally and with the customer base.
- Offer complete and timely technical explanations to customers throughout the incident resolution process and ensure that customers' staff fully understand issue, its resolutions and means for prevention.
- Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure professional telephone manner at all times.
- Additional Duties
- May be required to assist with incident assignment duties.
- Participate in team projects.
- Participates in system and release testing and QA as needed.
- Manage assigned Projects effectively (workload management).
- Recommend improvements in Support policies and procedures.
- Create software and document enhancement requests.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Bachelors degree required.
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 1 year and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Typical range is 2-5 years.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and architecture.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Track record in providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as required.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top