Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That's why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
At Cloud Hosting Services group, we are looking for DevOps Engineer for Bangalore location who can provide a new vision around automation and scripting of our environments and systems in the cloud. We are excited at how Cloud based services are built and are looking at changing them for better. We also believe you have the opportunity to leave a lasting mark not only on Aptean products but also on the larger cloud based industry as a whole.
We are implementing SAAS and PAAS offerings to Aptean's customers; we are experiencing tremendous growth in our development team. It is going to be challenging work, but that is what it takes to make an effective change.
Do you have experience in testing/deploying software for Cloud computing platforms/services? If you have and are excited to be part of a team of engineers who look forward to building the next generation Cloud services platform, then we want to speak with you.
As a key engineer of the team you will be designing, developing and automating automation suites for cloud services platform software. Experience in Cloud Platform/services software testing/deployment.
Well look no further, join a growing and dynamic team to develop and test our next-generation cloud hosting service. The Cloud Hosting team is developing a several new web-scale infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offerings as well as migrating previously on premise customers to SaaS based solutions. The ideal candidate has experience working with complex, distributed software systems and pushing those systems beyond their limits.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Setup and maintain cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
2. Setup and maintain system-monitoring tools, such as Nagios, Monit, Munin, and Graphite, as well as application monitoring tools like newrelic or appdynamics.
3. Support the engineering teams regarding CI/Build tools, Environments and Automation.
4. Help Development teams automate the environment setup using tools like Ansible
5. Partner with the development team to manage the full stack from release cycles to data security
6. Monitor and tune server performance, webhosting setups/clustering
7. Lead efforts to design and build automation in the areas of application deployment, configuration management, release operations etc.
8. Drive best practices; standardize build and deployment processes and tools across systems.
9. Share knowledge with other team members on the usage of automation tools and help grow the team
10. Proactively identify areas of automation in the releases and support process and help implement automation
11. As needed, provide application infrastructure support for applications.
12. Involved in Branching, Tagging and Merging of code delivery at required releases
13. Troubleshoot system issues
At least 3-6 years of Total IT experience with Substantial experience of 3+ years' experience in Cloud platform/services product companies/System engineering/DevOps
• Development background with familiarity of C/C++/Java
• Strong knowledge of Linux and Scripting experience (Bash, Python, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of powershell and windows scripting
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems and distributed systems fundamentals
• Strong understanding of security and general best practices for hosted solutions
• Strong SaaS/PaaS software deployment background
• Proficiency in setup and operations of container based environments with tools such as Docker
• Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
• Strong knowledge of RDBMS like MS SQL/Oracle/DB2/Postgress & MySQL
• Understanding of a virtual or cloud based environment. Exposure to administer IaaS/SaaS/ PaaS environments via Cloud Service Providers like AWS.
• vCenter server configuration and management with vSphere and ESX environment
• Thorough understanding of Redhat Linux, windows 2008 and 2012 concepts like active directory, DNS DHCP, IIS
• In depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
• Extensive knowledge/experience in Systems Engineering including evaluating, developing, customizing, installing, and supporting network systems.
Skills and Abilities
• Experience in Deployment Automation via Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins Experience in configuration management tools/ops Automation preferably SaltStack or Ansible
• Proficiency with Python, Bash, PHP, Perl, Ruby and other scripting languages or other dynamic languages.
• Experience in Cloud platform DevOps projects
• Experience in Agile development with CI/CD based software development
• Excellent team player with very good oral and written communication skills
• Experienced with CI, repository management, and review tools (Jenkins, Git, etc)
• Patching and administration of Linux/Solaris based applications
• Familiarity with Networking, ldap and centralized authentication/authorization.
• Experience with AWS, OpenStack and/or other IaaS environments.
• Experience with agile based iterative development and knowledge of software engineering best practices
• Well versed in setup and management of webservers (Apache/NginX/IIS)
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top