Business Analyst, R&D
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 2,500 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Business Analyst, R&D will be responsible for building domain and technical expertise in problems of complex scope. S/he is able to use several years of work experience and extensive knowledge in several disciplines to suggest new principles adapting to changes in requirement. S/he works as a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance with independent planning and execution responsibilities. S/he possesses the ability to respond to detailed queries and suggest improvement in process. S/he is responsible for coaching, guiding and mentoring junior members in the team to help them scale up faster.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows direction from Product Manager, assisting in rolling out consistent process and framework for global team, maintaining best practices, mentoring mid and associate level analysts.
- Assists with boot camp planning, curriculum development, mentoring and training of new analysts.
- Assists and/or takes on assigned strategic projects as it relates to Business Analyst teams.
- Participates in strategic portfolio planning with product management and Product Development teams in creating multi-year roadmaps for the evolution of products and services.
- May take on system analysis responsibilities over multiple products.
- Review deliverables (i.e., Systems Design Documentation, Use Cases write up) of mid and associate level Business Analysts. Has extensive hands-on experience on Product as Senior Development or QA Engineer.
- Ability to work on multiple products.
- Expert of primary product.
- Has advanced knowledge of core and special modules of secondary product.
Skills & Requirements
Bachelor's Degree required
MBA, MCA strongly preferred
Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 5 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 4 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range of experience is 6-9 years.
- Expert in ERP/CRM/SCM as implementer or customer support team or as functional consultant. Advanced knowledge of functional transaction or production transaction.
- Expert knowledge of SDLC, writing use cases, activity diagrams, requirement gathering and analysis, project management, stakeholder management, PDLC is required.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Systems, database, ability to troubleshoot the problems in database is an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of non-functional requirements like Scalability, Performance, and Security, impact analysis, system analysis, different programming language frameworks, UI design tools, BI tools like Qlikview etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Generating new ideas
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, excelling in active listening.
- Experience mentoring and coaching, giving and receiving feedback.
- Excellent stakeholder communication, stakeholder identification, and negotiation skills.
- Willingness and ability to be assertive.
- Experience with customer management.
- Basic Financial skills like P&L, budgeting.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiation.
- Ability to handle conflicts, with experience in risk identification and mitigation.
- Must have interviewing skills with the ability to work with global teams at different time zones.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
Back to top