Account Manager, Entry Level
- Alpharetta, GA
Why Work with Us?
Aptean is a dynamic software company that cares about our 1,700 employees as much as our customers. Our leadership team here at Aptean believes in finding and retaining awesome people. You can build a career here no matter your background, and we provide learning opportunities across the company. Each and every one of us has a different story and different strengths. One thing that we all have in common are our core values: Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous.
(You MUST have 1-2 years of relevant sales experience, preferably within the software industry)
The Associate Account Manager is a key individual contributor on a high performing team that consistently delivers market leading cross-selling/up-selling, maintenance renewal retention rates, and customer satisfaction. This person will manage an assigned set of clients with a focus on maintaining and growing renewal rates, and establishing client relationships with a particular focus on retaining customers and identifying opportunities for cross-sell/up-sell.
The Associate Account Manager will be contributing to a software and professional services bookings quota as well as specific targets for renewal rates within their assigned territory. The assigned territory will have direct customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the relationships with the customers assigned to them, ensuring good communications and high customer retention.
- Protect and grow the maintenance revenue stream and proactively manage assigned accounts.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell additional Aptean products, add-on licenses for existing Aptean products, and professional services.
- Manage a revenue and bookings quota and participate in frequent forecast reviews of assigned territory.
- Operate according to Aptean Account Management processes, including:
- Creation and use of Account Plans
- Working with Renewal Analyst, process maintenance renewal activities following defined processes and systems, ensuring timely and accurate maintenance renewals are in place for all open agreements.
- Build relationships with key influencers and decision makers within each of their customers.
- Maintain good industry and business knowledge and have an excellent level of product knowledge as is relevant for assigned customers.
- Effectively communicate company messages, value propositions, etc. verbally and in writing.
- Enhance customer connections in a manner which ensures customer retention and high $/$ renewal rates as measured by quarterly renewal rates.
- Assist broader account team to provide seamless customer interaction.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
You must have 1-2 years of relevant sales experience, preferably within the software industry. This could be a sales degree with internship work or any degree with 1-2 years of relevant software experience, for example.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of the customer sales cycle
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses skills to drive sales, negotiate agreements, manage customers and handle objections
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the ability to maintain a high level of collaboration across geographically diverse teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize activities as to meet given deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software a plus.
- Possesses a high degree of honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional image and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and follow up skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good decision making ability and negotiation skills
- Must be fluent in English
Who is Aptean?
We are a private-equity backed company that connects companies in specific industries with specialized software solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds with streamlined industry-specific software solutions.
That's why over 4,100+ highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on us to simplify their everyday operations.
If you are looking for a company where you can give your best, work collaboratively, and build your career, we encourage you to submit an application!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other group status protected by applicable law.
Skills & Requirements
Back to top