Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today's fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don't have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds - with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That's why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean's products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing an assigned set of clients with a focus on growing revenue by addressing white space, upselling and introducing new product lines. This person must also establish and maintain good client relationships.
Minimal travel is required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the relationships with influencers & decision makers within customer accounts to promote loyalty and high customer retention.
- Generate leads, identify opportunities and close deals for additional Aptean products, add-on licenses, upsell modules & next version upgrades for existing Aptean customers.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of a customer's business goals and the status of all current projects and issues
- Penetrates assigned accounts by:
- Selling new or additional products or services to current buyers
- Finding additional buyers within the existing customer location
- Selling additional customer locations
- Selling the value of maintenance
- Optimize portfolios, prioritize accounts and create & maintain strategic account plans, quotes and forecasts
- Manage a revenue and bookings quota and participate in frequent forecast reviews of assigned territory.
- Maintain accurate and timely opportunity, customer & contact data
- Facilitate internal communication, including cross-functional transitions, escalations and contracts by engaging appropriate Aptean team members to add value to account
- Maintain good industry, business knowledge and product knowledge as is relevant for assigned accounts
- Coordinate/facilitate technical presentations and participate in customer & marketing events
- Use knowledge of customer needs and industry trends to provide input into product strategy
Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 1 year and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Typical range is 2-5 years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of the customer sales cycle
- Experience working with software products, services, competencies, solutions, and offerings
- Knowledge or previous experience in the software industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience of working with and understanding contracts is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to credibly present recommendations at senior levels in the organization
- Excellent sales, negotiation skills and objection handling skills
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the proven ability to work with minimal direction and maintain a high level of collaboration across geographically diverse teams
- Possesses a high degree of honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional image and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and follow up skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good decision making ability and negotiation skills
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top