Tech Community Manager
Tech Community Manager
The Tech Community Manager is a global role that is central to AppNexus’ efforts to engage and attract talented technologists, as well as AppNexus’ commitment to strengthening the external tech community. Highly collaborative and fast-paced, you will work closely with colleagues and leaders across Technology, Recruiting, Marketing, and Diversity & Inclusion to identify community engagement opportunities, develop strategies and deliver programs.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology as a craft and as a culture. You don’t have to know how to code or how to build out a datacenter (though we’ll teach you if you like!) but you should have a deep understanding of what technologists want out of their careers, and a deep understanding of how to create community within technology groups. You’re the type of person that can curate a Speaker Series on Monday, decide what non-profit organizations we should partner with on Wednesday, and share Key Performance Indicators with Technology executives on Friday.
About the job:
- Effectively promote AppNexus’ culture, values and programs internally and externally to increase employee engagement and attract talent.
- Partner with Tech leadership to develop and coordinate events and programs (for example: Tech Talks, Meetups, learning cohorts, hackathons, volunteerism)
- Own the strategy and engagement around external partner organizations
- Partner with Marketing and Recruiting to create and distribute materials that showcase AppNexus’ technical challenges and culture.
- Partner with Diversity & Inclusion on defining project goals, timelines, and resource requirements for Tech. As required, provide project management support for D&I related community experiences organization-wide.
- Work with employees to create, curate and share content for their personal brand and the AppNexus Technology brand (for example: conference presentations, journal publications, tech blogs, open source projects)
About your skills:
- Previous experience managing large-scale events and partnerships, including identifying and measure key performance indicators
- Passion for and past experience partnering and supporting technologists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work both autonomously and in a highly collaborative environment
- Prior experience in working/networking with tech journals & journalists influencing the tech community through articles and interviews
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top