Sr Engineer, SSIS T-SQL
Sr. Software Engineer, SSIS T-SQL
We’re seeking an independent, driven Senior SSIS T-SQL Engineer to manage the current portfolio of reports and own the full Microsoft SQL Server reporting life cycle. Working with the COO, this highly-visible role will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining reports that are critical to support the enterprise including gathering requirements, data modeling, T-SQL scripting and stored procedure creation. This person will be responsible for the analysis, coding, and unit-level testing of all enhancements, maintenance changes, and new developments. Ensuring that programming and design standards, time frames, and deliverables are met, they’ll proactively assess current needs against reports already deployed, define report layout design, execution, deployment, and subscription management.
About the team:
AppNexus powers the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising. We simplify the most sophisticated machine learning and data science capabilities to help our customers unlock their greatest potential. Our data platform team handles 12 billion transacted ad requests per day and 2-4 terabytes of data per hour. We are looking for a senior engineer to elevate our data ingestion and pipeline processing that emphasizes high performance & optimize map-reduce designs to support even faster, higher volume, delivery of actionable data for our stakeholders.
About the job:
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and SSIS packages
- Support all the C- Level executives with their Data Warehouse via all required reporting
- Performance tuning the stored procedures and T-SQL scripts
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform data analysis to ensure report accuracy and create documentation & diagrams for existing database structures
- Create protocols and procedures to ensure consistency and accuracy in the report development process
- Design, develop, and maintain internal and client-facing reports
- Providing database support for development and deployment of database scripts in Development, Test, Pre-Production and Production environments
- Lead business requirements gathering for application development, enhancement, or modification
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users
- Support COO with ad-hoc requests
About your skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar computational field of study
- At least 7+ years of experience in software development, using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (queries, views, procedures), SQL Server Database Design, Stored Procedure Design and implementation
- Solid experience with developing SSIS packages and coding complex stored procedures (using T-SQL).
- Proven analytical problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues etc.
- Expertise in BI technologies (i.e. Microsoft Power BI)
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our inclusivity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements
See Inside the Office of AppNexus
AppNexus is an internet technology company that enables and optimizes the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising. Its powerful, real-time decisioning platform supports core products that enable publishers to maximize yield—and marketers and agencies to harness data and machine learning to deliver intelligent and customized campaigns. Headquartered in New York City, AppNexus employs over 1000 professionals in offices spanning five continents.
Back to top