Software Engineer, Video
Software Engineer, Video
The Video Engineering team in New York is a full-stack team working on all aspects of video advertising technology, from front-end advertising units to Console UI to reporting. We solve problems and design new products, add new features and refine existing functionality. We collaborate with many other teams, internal and external, to ensure the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction.
Some of the areas you might work on:
- UI - Design and construct our client-facing product. Build an intuitive and simple interface on top of complex and extremely powerful systems. Bring our clients’ data to life and display everything they need to know how their business is performing.
- Web Services - Modify, develop and maintain RESTful APIs. Enable engineers to build feature-rich web application/back office/auditing tools without making a single database connection, allowing our clients to build custom integrations and syncing in real-time with other advertising platforms.
- Data Platform - Work on the build/support of our data pipeline that processes over 150TB daily, so that clients may continue to rely on analytics data and accurate reports.
- Analyze and improve our life-cycle software development processes (e.g. testing, building, deployment, monitoring, etc.)
- Collaborate with product owners and client services to build technical specifications documents for engineering teams
- Contribute to the planning process of project development. Ensure timely delivery of assets to stakeholders
- Build an understanding of the on-line advertising ecosystem and leverage your engineering expertise to build innovative solutions
- CS degree with at least 3-5 years of experience in front-end and/or back-end development
- Good analytical skills, ability to quickly learn.
- Good knowledge of software development best practices and methodologies.
- Strong and thorough understanding of web development/design, or large scale distributed data processing
- Working knowledge of development tools – version control system (Git), unit test frameworks, build tools etc.
- Knowledge of digital video advertisement upload, transcode, distribution / delivery, and tracking/analytics, video ad units for desktop, mobile, and OTT devices
- Experience in Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) specifications, namely Video Ad-Serving Template (VAST), Video Multiple Ad Playlist (VMAP) and Video Player-Ad Interface Definition (VPAID)
- Familiar with video tags. Formats, and protocols such as HTML5, MP4 / Flash Progressive Download, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH)
Hiring Manager: Aleksey Linetsky
Recruiter: Kelsey Browne
Back to top