Services Summer Intern
Services Summer Intern
As a Services Intern, you will be exposed to different teams within the Services organization and work on projects that will impact our business and clients. You will be assigned to one of two teams: customer success or delivery. Additionally, Services interns are provided the opportunity to shadow various members of different teams to learn about how we service our many different clients.
About the team:
The Services team is dedicated to earning customer loyalty while building a world-class company together. We look for people who are consultative, analytical, technically minded, and passionate about helping others. Our team implements and supports customers on the AppNexus platform, helps ensure they are massively successful, and strategizes to help them achieve their goals. Real-time advertising can fundamentally transform our clients’ businesses, and we bring this to life for them.
About the job:
As a Services Intern, you will take on one to two major projects throughout the ten-week intern program. These projects will be designed to have a significant impact on our team and clients. Here are a few of the projects our Services Interns have owned in the past:
- Creating a tool or new process to drive efficiency for Services employees
- Analyzing operational data and measuring team success against key performance indicators
- Enhancing a client-facing or internal tool with new functionalities
- Creating a process for streamlining and standardizing how we onboard clients to the AppNexus platform
- Rolling out a new client self-service portal, tracking and measuring its success
- Creating a whitepaper for a strategic client to identify trends that will help inform future decisions
Learn about the experience of a past Services intern by reading this blog post: http://bit.ly/1JTGhqy
About your skills:
- You are a Junior with a BA/BS degree expected in 2018
- You love to learn about new technology, and have outstanding logical and analytical abilities. You are genuinely excited to explore how technology works
- You are skilled at communicating in a clear and concise manner. You are collaborative, energetic and able to communicate effectively to solve problems
- You have outstanding customer service skills, with a desire to understand customers’ challenges and expectations, and astonish them with excellence in service
- You have the capacity and confidence to work autonomously and be an outstanding team player, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally effectively
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
About the summer intern program:
New York City: Join 700 other AppNexians at our headquarters in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District. Worried about finding housing? We’re here to help!
Significant impact: Projects are designed specifically for you to fit your interests and skills. Shape your own role and be a part of the team that is building bold solutions to some of today’s most exciting and unique technical challenges to serve ads across the globe. Our interns are given responsibility immediately after completing onboarding.
Robust onboarding: You will ramp up alongside your class of interns. Your first week will be spent with your class attending AppNexus University. Learn the ins and outs of one of the fastest growing industries and what it means to be an AppNexian.
Performance management: We will manage your performance every step of the way and ensure you’re getting feedback in real-time. You’ll also have a formal mid-summer and end-of-summer review with your manager. Spend your summer immersed in life as an AppNexian and evaluate if AppNexus is the right place for you to join post-graduation.
Mentorship: You’ll have a mentor assigned to you from day one. Your AppNexpert (AppNexus Expert) will help you acclimate to our company, meet people across teams, and ensure you have a fantastic summer.
Events: You’ll participate in social and educational events that will help you get to know the other interns, give you the chance to meet our Executive Team, and learn as much as possible. Look forward to events like the Annual Summer Field Day, Broadway shows, Mets games, Escape the Room, and more!
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top