Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead, Full Stack
Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead, Full Stack (Creative)
The AppNexus Platform was built upon the foundation that we could help our clients buy and sell media in the most effective and efficient way possible. AppNexus has since then become a pioneer in developing real-time technology into various aspects of our platform stack to make our advertising solution one of the fastest, most reliable, and massively scaled systems in the industry.
Creatives (or ads) are the transactional unit of online advertising: they are what the user sees. The Full Stack team builds products that allow our clients to register and manage their creatives in the AppNexus platform. As the industry evolves with newer, better ways to advertise to users, we support our clients by designing and building intuitive products to help them leverage these new methodologies. Our UI is written on top of the React/Redux framework, our API is written in Java, and our creative server is written in C.
As a Team Lead, you will lead one of two full stack teams focused on building new products. You will spend half of your time writing code and the other half overseeing in-flight projects and guiding members of the team.
Consider some of our past and upcoming projects:
- How do we provide a flexible yet intuitive UI to enable customers to build a native creative that is comprised of multiple assets (e.g., image, text, etc.)?
- How do we provide a powerful yet easy-to-use authoring tool to enable customers to design robust renderers for their native creatives?
- How do we update our existing screens to allow customers to manage all of their creatives and assets while still allowing them to easily filter for association with IOs and LIs?
About the job:
- Provide technical and professional feedback and coaching to team
- Design and Develop maintainable, reliable, scalable and testable enterprise-level, services-based software
- Collaborate within a small functional team with diverse technology backgrounds
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- You believe that tests are just as important as code and would not think about merging code without a corresponding unit test
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience OR MS degree and 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with leading teams
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience architecting systems or large components
- Knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of RESTful web services
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
Hiring Manager: Jesse Greenberg
Recruiter: Kelsey Browne
Back to top