Senior Software Engineer, Big Data
Senior Software Engineer, Big Data
The Billing, Invoicing and Financial Systems (BIFS) team at AppNexus is responsible for clearing billions of dollars through the platform and accounting for every penny attributed to our buyers, sellers and third-party entities. This spans multiple domain areas like auction time pricing contract, big data MR billing and clearing batch processing jobs, reporting and invoicing, and financial applications that integrate with ERP, data warehouse within AppNexus, Salesforce systems and other external business systems.
The BIFS team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer as an individual contributor with significant technical leadership to help drive and scale the billing and financial clearing systems at AppNexus. The role requires technical prowess in or ability to quickly learn a multitude of technologies. The engineer will work on site, in AppNexus’ New York office, in close collaboration with the transaction logic and data pipeline teams, product for commercial features, cross functional teams like Salesforce and stakeholders like Finance.
About the job:
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and testable big data jobs, APIs and applications
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teams with versatility in diverse technology backgrounds
- Participate in all stages of the SDLC, from design and development, to deployment and maintenance
- Work closely with Product, stakeholders, and users
- Deep understanding of how work drives commercial and financial business outcomes
- Serve as a mentor and guide for other team members
About your skills and experience:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience OR MS degree and 3+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Solid experience in Java and a willingness to learn and develop in Python, Scala, C#, PHP etc.
- Experience with big data MR job processing technologies
- Experience building REST APIs, web services and business applications that scale
- Preferred experience with frameworks like Play / Dropwizard, ORM's, Flask, Swagger, Zend etc.
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top