Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
We are looking for Senior Product Managers to lead end-to-end product management efforts for AppNexus’ products. As a Senior PM, you will help define the product strategy, develop the product road map, identify product requirements, collaborate with product development on implementation, and then take the product to market. You will report to a Director of Product Management and the role offers excellent growth prospects to star performers. Developing innovative, industry-changing products is at the heart of our business at AppNexus, and this is a fantastic opportunity to join the team that sits on the frontlines.
About the team:
The AppNexus Product Management team is dedicated to one overarching goal: powering the advertising that powers the Internet. Our Product Managers are strategic thinkers with an eye on the next big thing. We engage deeply with customers, partners, and field organizations to identify market opportunities and break complex problems down into actionable roadmaps. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we touch nearly every part of the organization – from our Sales and Services teams to Engineering, Marketing, and Design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations.
About the job:
- Lead the full product life cycle for products or services covering concept, specification, design, launch, and enhancement phases
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects and partners to identify market needs and opportunities
- Collaborate with new business, sales, services, engineering, and ad operations to understand product gaps
- Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize market requirements into product road map to define go to market strategy and timeline for product features and enhancements
- Define success metrics
- Design functional specifications and make feature, resource, and timeline tradeoff decisions
- Collaborate closely with engineering leaders and their teams through all stages of the product development. If needed, take on “Product Owner” role on a scrum team
- Lead product roll out efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams to create collateral including white papers, case studies, demos, training material, etc.
- Act as the key product evangelist and guide for external users as well as internal teams
About your skills:
- 3+ years of experience building large scale, enterprise level software in a product focused role, experience in online advertising is a plus
- Experience managing products in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience working closely with Advertising Platforms and/or with data platforms, data modeling, behavioral targeting technologies, etc. is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with internal leaders as well as external customers and partners
- Demonstrated ability to partner with engineering teams in a highly technical environment
- Technical background – BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent hands-on software development experience indicating strong technical background
- MBA and/or experience collaborating with business leaders
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top