Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead end-to-end product management efforts for AppNexus' products. As a Senior PM, you will help define the product strategy, develop the product road map, identify product requirements, collaborate with product development on implementation, and then take the product to market. Developing innovative, industry-changing products is at the heart of our business at AppNexus, and this is a fantastic opportunity to join the team that sits on the frontlines.
About the team:
The AppNexus Product Management team plays an integral role in our company mission: creating a better Internet. Our product managers are systems thinkers who work cross-functionally to make great things happen for the business and our customers. We engage deeply and regularly with users, customer decision-makers, partners, and our customer-facing organizations to identify and validate the opportunities that we pursue. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we engage with nearly every part of AppNexus, from our sales and services teams to engineering, marketing, and design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think holistically to create game changing advertising technology innovations. We also like to have fun, and bring in a diverse set of passions and interests from outside of work that help us think creatively on the job.
About the job:
- Lead the full product life cycle for products or services covering concept, specification, design, launch, and enhancement phases
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects and partners to identify market needs and opportunities
- Collaborate with new business, sales, services, engineering, and ad operations to understand product gaps
- Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize market requirements into product road map to define go to market strategy and timeline for product features and enhancements
- Define success metrics
- Design functional specifications and make feature, resource, and timeline tradeoff decisions
- Collaborate closely with engineering leaders and their teams through all stages of the product development; if needed, take on "Product Owner" role on a scrum team
- Lead product roll out efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams to create collateral including white papers, case studies, demos, training material, etc.
- Act as the key product evangelist and guide for external users as well as internal teams
About your skills:
- 3+ years of experience building large scale, enterprise level software in a product focused role; experience in online advertising is a plus
- Experience managing products in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience working closely with Advertising Platforms and/or with data platforms, data modeling, behavioral targeting technologies, etc. is a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal leaders as well as external customers and partners
- Demonstrated ability to partner with engineering teams in a highly technical environment
- Technical background is a plus — BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent hands on software development experience
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours. Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Celebrating our diversity with affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top