Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Information Security Specialist
The Technical Operations team is distributed across the globe and handles a wide variety of responsibilities, from providing tech support to architecting long-range build-out and day-to-day operations at our six global data centers. We have well over 7,000 servers, which process over a million of ad serving requests per second (billions per day). We are an all Linux shop (all production operations run on Linux), with mostly Mac laptops. We’re in search of troubleshooters and those who love to tinker and innovate with technology.
Focusing on operational security, the Information Security Specialist will have a strong demonstrated background in hands-on development and deployment of novel security solutions at scale. AppNexus is a web-scale organization, with physical data centers in six locations. You will collaborate with the Director of Cybersecurity and the Cybersecurity Architect establish and deliver on key strategies, programs, and technical solutions across the operational infrastructure within AppNexus.
You will drive implementation, deployment, adoption and refinement of technologies needed to support cyber security objectives including authentication, authorization, accounting (AAA), single sign on (SSO), multi factor authentication, role based access controls (RBACs), firewalls, Intrusions Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and other technologies as needed. In this role, you will work closely with numerous organizations across the company at various levels including Legal, Finance, Network Engineering & Operations, System Operations, and Engineering as well as outside parties including service providers, consultants and auditors. This operations-focused role is integral to the ongoing security and continuity of the AppNexus infrastructure.
About the job:
- Develop a framework and establish system for controls and levels of access
- Drive development and implementation of policy, processes, and procedures in support of Cybersecurity, GRC and DR/BC
- Coordinate internal and external audits
- Oversee Production Operations incident response planning and security breach investigations
- Manage the entire process of security testing and auditing, including selecting vendors, testing, analyzing results and remediation planning
- Identify risks and propose strategies to mitigate them before crisis develops
- Consider and address regulatory compliance proactively and organically as part of workflows and processes
- Generate detailed analytical threat reports
About your skills and experience:
- BA/BS/MIS degree and 2-5+ years of relevant IT experience (degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field preferred)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Unix/Linux system administration
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS and vulnerability management solutions
- Versed in current security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and access control methods, as well as SANS and COBIT framework
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong commitment to deliver high quality service to both internal and external customers
- Good understanding of financial control structures and corporate governance for businesses of various sizes, ranging from small startups to publicly traded companies
- Certification such as Security+, CISSP, CEH, or similar is a plus but not required
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top