AppNexus is looking for a tech-savvy, energetic Operations Analyst to join our rapidly growing organization. This role offers a rare opportunity to work closely with senior tech leadership to make critical business decisions on a day-to-day basis. In addition, as an Operations Analyst, you will work closely with multiple functions, such as Finance and Engineering, to support their business needs, connect the dots and create better efficiency across the company. In return, you will gain exposure to modern technology company’s daily technical operations and numerous cutting-edge technologies built or adopted on our platform. It is a perfect opportunity for someone who is new to the industry and willing to learn about the Internet technologies.
About the team:
TechOps creates value for AppNexus by providing top notch technical services in the disciplines of large scale internet Production Operations and Corporate IT while achieving industry leading levels of efficiency. We achieve this vision by constantly adapting to and incorporating the best modern practices and technologies to improve efficiency, reliability, repeatability, and flexibility and enable rapid development and deployment of new products, features, and services. We bridge the gap between development and production to reduce the difficulty of deploying and operating at scale while improving security and meeting, and eventually exceeding, all governance and compliance needs. Our operating efficiency directly contribute to the bottom line. We enable our colleagues, especially our Engineering colleagues, to perform at their best.
About the job:
- Track, monitor and document various equipment logistics and lease status, identify gaps and enhance work flow to shorten lead times and improve operational efficiency.
- Partner with procurement team by analyzing current capacity, future capacity needs, system performance and cost to make optimal procurement decisions.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to help with invoice entry, reconciliation and month end close.
- Maintain the capacity planning ticket queue and make recommendations on hardware inventory allocation.
- Monitor the infrastructure usage and update the capacity planning model on a regular basis.
- Assist manager and senior analysts with ad hoc analysis.
About your skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with A BURNING DESIRE TO LEARN technology, capacity planning, cost of operations, gross margins, etc.
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in operations and/or analytics roles in addition to a degree in business or quantitative relevant fields. Will consider recent grad candidates with exceptional credentials.
- Must have exceptional Excel skills. Knowledge of SQL and Python is a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours. Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Celebrating our diversity with affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top