North America Events, Portfolio & Content Lead
AppNexus is seeking a Portfolio & Content Lead for North America Events to ensure that event marketing programs are strategically aligned, carefully planned, and impeccably executed. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in mapping out our regional events strategy to deliver on Marketing and company goals, as well as play a key role in developing industry- and product-specific event content.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a best-in-class marketing team at one of the leading companies in the rapidly growing internet technology space.
About the team:
The AppNexus Marketing team shapes and manages AppNexus’ brand, including corporate and product messaging, relying on data from market and competitive research to evolve our strategy. From tweets to one-sheets, from media appearances to industry-hyped events and world conferences, we dazzle our industry peers, potential clients, and prospective hires.
About the job:
- Develop geo-based event portfolio plan inclusive of sponsored, speaking, attending, and hosted event participation in support of top revenue scenarios and awareness goals.
- Pitch relevant speakers to event opportunities that align to commercial and thought leadership goals.
- Own and drive event agenda and content creation for any speaking or hosted event opportunity – which may include technical and product content – ensuring messaging consistency, data aggregation, speaking coaching/presentation prep.
- Drive end-to-end event portfolio execution (inclusive of content development, audience acquisition, communications, lead management, and more) with both external agencies and the wider marketing team, and manage portfolio budget.
- Build and strengthen relationships with industry bodies like the Interactive Advertising Bureau as part of the event portfolio (including committee participation, speaker opportunities, sponsorship negotiations).
- Develop and maintain the “Event in a Box” portfolio; development of self-service toolkit, and partnering with Product Marketing and Content team to develop modules (presentations).
- Gather and analyze event data to showcase event portfolio ROI.
- Build, enhance, and maintain a library of documentation surrounding events strategy, content, and processes.
About your skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years of experience.
- Demonstrated and considerable experience in event marketing in a leadership capacity, and within an enterprise technology environment (ad tech experience and relationships preferred).
- Vertical expertise with digital publishers.
- Experience developing overall event strategy, product-level content, and execution at scale.
- Experience working with and communicating with senior management and cross functional teams.
- Experience working in and telling stories about a complex technical industry.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and drive complex projects to completion under tight deadlines.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- PowerPoint mavens and Excel pros strongly preferred (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables, data analysis).
- Relationships with or experience managing industry bodies/associations preferred.
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Back to top