Manager of Solutions Consulting, Trading
- New York, NY
Manager of Solutions Consulting, Trading
AppNexus is looking for an experienced Manager with a programmatic trading background to build and enhance operational rigor and streamline internal and external workflow for the most advanced programmatic trading team in the industry. The Trading Manager will oversee a team responsible for helping our clients execute on delivering programmatic budgets and driving strong business outcomes through innovative problem solving and data driven insights.
The individual will also play a key role developing excellence in the US Trading and Consulting team to support strategy, develop world class scalable processes, and ensure excellence in execution and delivery of trading services and advisory.
About the team:
Global Services is a diverse group of problem solvers with boundless technical curiosity. Together, we build trusted client partnerships that produce mutual wins through spirited collaboration, intrinsic empathy, and a readiness to challenge the status quo. We look for people who are consultative, analytical, technically minded, and passionate about helping others. Our team implements and supports customers on the AppNexus platform, obsesses about making them massively successful, and strategizes to help them achieve their goals. Real-time advertising can fundamentally transform our clients’ businesses, and we bring it to life for them.
About the job:
- Manage a team of high achieving Solutions Consultants; promote professional advancement through training and coaching
- Oversee overall client delivery, performance vs. KPI’s, optimizations, and test initiatives
- Lead and support the execution of new product capabilities with external stakeholders and across the trading team
- Own relationships with programmatic agency teams and decision makers, from trading teams to directors
- Act as a player as well as coach; providing programmatic trading services and consulting to clients while defining best practices
- Structure trading operations across the US and help to stand up a global trading practice
- Partner with Commercial, Product, Engineering, Analytics and Services stakeholders to align team operations with broader organization
- Collaborate with trading and trading advisory teams globally to ensure consistency of processes and practices
- Prepare and present internal and client facing communications with key stakeholders
About your skills and experience:
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring programmatic trading teams
- Knowledge of digital media buying and/or hands-on experience with programmatic buying platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex data and technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of the operational complexities of demand side clients, including agencies
- Passion to dig, find out the “why,” and take a solutions-oriented approach to problems
- Ability to wear many hats, adapt and quickly pivot, and operate in an extremely fast pace environment
- Experience in driving a high performing and collaborative culture
- Ability to think strategically, and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do
- Demonstrable experience building structure during ambiguity
- Ability to translate complex ideas into actionable, scalable solutions
- Experience collaborating effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.
- You pay deep attention to the details and employ a methodical and consistent approach to solving.
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our inclusivity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements
Back to top