Engineering Summer Intern, Optimization Technology
Engineering Summer Intern, Optimization Technology
AppNexus is powering the advertising that powers the internet, and we’re looking for awesome students to come spend the summer with us. If you are excited by a platform that can process 130+ TB of data and serve 45 billion ads each day, and you are looking to solve unique, complex technical challenges this summer, then AppNexus is the place for you. As an AppNexus engineering intern, you will spend 10 weeks in our New York City headquarters writing code, pushing it to production, and making an impact on one of our engineering teams.
About the team:
Engineering is at the core of what we do at AppNexus. Our Software Engineers play a pivotal role in developing, improving, and scaling our online advertising technology platform. Our software is complex, massively scaled, and built with a wide variety of languages and tools, lending itself to the most exciting and challenging technical problems. We are currently hiring interns for the Optimization Technology team at AppNexus:
At AppNexus, we process over 130 terabytes of data per day. This data is used to generate aggregated analytics reports, update budgets, and drive optimization engines. The Optimization team builds technology that identifies and analyzes relevant data to match buyers and sellers to help them achieve their business initiatives. To do this, engineers work closely with Data Scientists, implementing, testing and deploying complex models and intuitive, high-performance solutions for our diverse client base. We work with Python, Java, Scala, Kafka, Spark, and Map Reduce to build machine learning algorithms that run in production and at scale. We are currently working on generalized linear click prediction models for our platform along with creative selection.
- You are a Junior or Masters student with a BA/BS or Masters degree expected in December 2018 or Spring 2019 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.
About the summer intern program:
New York City: Join 700 other AppNexians at our headquarters in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District. Worried about finding housing? We’re here to help!
Significant impact: Projects are designed specifically for you to fit your interests and skills. Shape your own role and be a part of the team that is building bold solutions to some of today’s most exciting and unique technical challenges to serve ads across the globe. Our interns are given responsibility immediately after completing onboarding.
Robust onboarding: You will ramp up alongside your class of interns. Your first week will be spent with your class attending AppNexus University and Engineer Onboarding. Learn the ins and outs of one of the fastest growing industries and what it means to be an AppNexian.
Performance management: As an intern, you will be assigned a manager who you'll meet with weekly, and a University Recruiting Partner who will be available as a resource for you throughout the summer. They will manage your performance every step of the way, ensure you're getting feedback in real-time, and host two structured performance reviews with you during your internship. Spend your summer immersed in life as an AppNexian and evaluate if AppNexus is the right place for you to join post-graduation.
Mentorship: You’ll have a mentor assigned to you from day one. Your AppNexpert (AppNexus Expert) will help you acclimate to our company, meet people across teams, and ensure you have a fantastic summer.
Events: You’ll participate in social and educational events that will help you get to know the other interns, give you the chance to meet our Executive Team, and learn as much as possible. Look forward to events like the Annual Summer Field Day, Broadway shows, Mets games, Escape the Room, and more!
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Celebrating our diversity with affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and AppNexus Black Alliance to name just a few!)
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top