Engineering Intern, Encino (December 2019 or Spring 2020 Graduates Only)
Engineering Intern, Encino (Los Angeles, CA)
AppNexus is powering the advertising that powers the internet, and we’re looking for awesome students to come spend the summer with us. If you are excited by a platform that can process 250+ TB of data and serve 45 billion ads each day, and you are looking to solve unique, complex technical challenges this summer, then AppNexus is the place for you. As an AppNexus engineering intern, you will spend 10 weeks in our Encino office writing code, pushing it to production, and making an impact on one of our engineering teams.
Engineering is at the core of what we do at AppNexus. Our Software Engineers play a pivotal role in developing, improving, and scaling our online advertising technology platform. Our software is complex, massively scaled, and built with a wide variety of languages and tools, lending itself to the most exciting and challenging technical problems.
About the team:
The Encino team is focused on developing advanced solutions to enable quality video advertising solutions. We're proud of our highly collaborative, results-oriented, and fun work environment. Every day, we grapple with fascinating software architecture questions on a global platform that operates at massive scale. Line by line, we’re writing the best software in the advertising technology industry.
As an intern, you will work on one of three teams working on projects related to video players, video player plug-ins, header bidding, SDKs, and more. Your interests and aspirations will determine the team that is right for you.
About your skills and experience:
- You are a Junior with a BA/BS degree or Master's student with a degree expected in December 2019 or Spring 2020 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.
About the summer intern program:
- Significant impact: Projects are designed for you to fit your interests and skills. Shape your own role and be a part of the team that is building bold solutions to some of today’s most exciting and unique technical challenges to serve ads across the globe. Our interns are given responsibility immediately after completing onboarding.
- Robust onboarding: Your first week will be spent with your intern class attending AppNexus University and Engineering Onboarding. Learn the ins and outs of one of the fastest growing industries and what it means to be an AppNexian.
- Performance management: As an intern, you will be assigned a manager who will oversee your internship experience and a University Recruiting Partner who will be available as a resource for you throughout the summer. They will manage your performance every step of the way, ensure you're getting feedback in real-time, and host two structured performance reviews with you during your internship. Spend your summer immersed in life as an AppNexian and evaluate if AppNexus is the right place for you to join post-graduation.
- Mentorship: You’ll have a mentor assigned to you who will help you acclimate to our company, meet people across teams, and ensure you have a fantastic summer.
- Events: You’ll participate in events that will help you get to know AppNexians, give you the chance to meet our Executive Team, and learn as much as possible.
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
Back to top