Director, Product Line Management
Director, Product Line Management
AppNexus is looking for a Director, Product Line Management with expertise in online advertising to lead end-to-end product management and strategy for one our growing sell side product lines. This person will define the product strategy, identify and develop key product road map items, inform product requirements, collaborate with product development on implementation, take products to market, and be responsible for commercial success. This is a fantastic opportunity to own and develop innovative, industry-changing products and initiatives at the heart of our business.
About the team:
The AppNexus Product Line Management team is dedicated to one overarching goal: powering the advertising that powers the Internet. Our Product Line Managers are strategic thinkers with an eye on the next big thing, and work together with the entire company to make that a reality. Product Line Managers have skills and expertise based on product management and commercial experience, and are expected to have deep industry knowledge. We engage deeply with customers, partners, and field organizations to identify market opportunities and break complex problems down into actionable roadmaps. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we touch nearly every part of the organization - from our Sales and Services teams to Engineering, Marketing, and Design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations.
About the job:
- Own the book of business for one of our key sell side products
- Defines, and manages, product line forecasts, goals, and KPIs
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects and partners to identify market needs and opportunities
- Define, articulate, and execute against the product strategy and objectives
- Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize market requirements into a product plan in close partnership with product development
- Formulate, provide, and articulate the value of product asks and contribute significantly to engineering prioritization
- Own, plan, and execute product roll out efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams to create collateral including white papers, case studies, demos, training material, etc.
- Act as the key product evangelist and guide for external users as well as internal teams
About your skills:
- Proven success developing and executing a cross functional business strategy for an enterprise technology product
- Experience managing products in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take input and feedback and synthesize it, create a recommendation for improvement, and execute against that improvement
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize across a wide range of competing opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders within AppNexus and at customer/partner organizations
- Experience collaborating and having close working relationships with a broad range of functional teams and leaders, including commercial, legal, services, engineering, and others
- Strong domain expertise in publisher ad technology, strategies, and trends preferred
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top