Client Insights Analyst
Client Insights Analysts are the creative thought leaders responsible for leveraging data to maximize performance for our biggest and most strategic clients. We work closely with the Account Manager, Technical Account Manager and Implementation Consultant teams to study client performance data, identify areas for improvement and implement enhancements to drive client business. We serve as data analytics consultants for our clients; from data collection and storage, to analytics best practices to data visualization and storytelling. Teaching others is at the core of our team. This role is perfect for someone who has a quantitatively oriented degree from a top tier school, commercial work experience, a passion for mathematics and analytics, and a strong desire to make customers truly successful through teaching.
About the team:
The core mission of the Data Science organization is to drive algorithmic product innovation across the company and to support client-facing field teams in their reporting, analytics, and story-telling needs. In both aims we ultimately seek to empower our customers through data. Analytics reports and dashboards support clients large and small in all business segments, and provide novel platform-wide insights. On the data product side, our toolkit includes elements of theory – probability models, statistics, machine learning, game theory – as well as practical tools and techniques for manipulating and exploring vast quantities of data. On the analytics side, we leverage many of the same big-data tools and also layer in world-class data visualization. Depending on the exact role, we work closely with production engineers, product managers, operations, account managers, marketing, and sometimes directly with clients to create novel features, systems, and analyses. We love that our contributions further AppNexus’ position as a pioneer and thought-leader in the adtech industry, but at the end of the day, we measure our efforts based on the impact and the value that we create for our clients.
About the job:
- Become an expert in Real Time Bidding (RTB) buying and selling strategies, optimization algorithms and tactics, and data visualization
- Work closely with our biggest clients to provide Return on Investment (ROI) driving insights and recommendations
- Analyze and problem solve client performance issues
- Design and execute A/B tests to assess the impact of potential buying strategy, creative, landing page, or optimization refinements
- Educate Global Services teams on the art of performance optimization and techniques to maximize client ROI
- Demonstrate thought leadership in digital media analytics and optimization
- Help build our Analytics practice, including developing training material, customer facing assets and internal resources
- Provide feedback and share knowledge with Global Services, Optimization and Product team members
About your skills:
- Relevant analytics work experience and a quantitatively-oriented degree from a top-tier school
- Passionate about working with extremely large datasets in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fluid start-up environment
- Hands-on attitude toward problem-solving, including a willingness to dig into terabytes of data and quickly construct tools
- Experience with data visualization and using data to tell a story
- Outstanding organization, communication and presentation skills
- Mastery of MS Excel; experience with relational databases, SQL and Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Proven excellence at formulating, understanding, and solving complex, non-routine problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Want to know more about AppNexus? Explore the links below to learn about our values, why we like to work here, and how we hire!
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Director, Account Management
Pamela’s team of Account Managers—based in New York—work within the Publishers Business Unit—finding and supporting strong partnerships with strategic demand clients.
Back to top