Client Insight Analytics Summer Intern
Client Insights Analyst Summer Intern
As a Client Insights Analyst Intern, you’ll be a creative thought partner responsible for leveraging data to maximize performance for our biggest and most strategic clients. The CIA team works closely with the Account Manager, Technical Account Manager and Implementation Consultant teams to study client performance data, identify areas for improvement and implement enhancements to drive client business. We serve as data analytics consultants for our clients, from data collection and storage, to analytics best practices, to data visualization and storytelling. Teaching others is at the core of our team. This internship is perfect for someone who has a quantitatively oriented degree, a passion for mathematics and analytics, and a strong desire to make customers truly successful through teaching.
About the team:
The core mission of the Data Science organization is to drive algorithmic product innovation across the company and to support client-facing field teams in their reporting, analytics, and story-telling needs. In both aims we ultimately seek to empower our customers through data. Analytics reports and dashboards support clients large and small in all business segments, and provide novel platform-wide insights. On the data product side, our toolkit includes elements of theory – probability models, statistics, machine learning, game theory – as well as practical tools and techniques for manipulating and exploring vast quantities of data. On the analytics side, we leverage many of the same big-data tools and also layer in world-class data visualization. Depending on the exact role, we work closely with production engineers, product managers, operations, account managers, marketing, and sometimes directly with clients to create novel features, systems, and analyses. We love that our contributions further AppNexus’ position as a pioneer and thought-leader in the adtech industry, but at the end of the day, we measure our efforts based on the impact and the value that we create for our clients.
About the job:
- Become an expert in Real Time Bidding (RTB) buying and selling strategies, optimization algorithms and tactics, and data visualization
- Work closely with our biggest clients to provide Return on Investment (ROI) driving insights and recommendations
- Analyze and problem solve client performance issues
- Design and execute A/B tests to assess the impact of potential buying strategy, creative, landing page, or optimization refinements
- Educate Global Services teams on the art of performance optimization and techniques to maximize client ROI
- Demonstrate thought leadership in digital media analytics and optimization
- Help build our Analytics practice, including developing training material, customer facing assets and internal resources
- Provide feedback and share knowledge with Global Services, Optimization and Product team members
About your skills:
- You are a Junior with a BA/BS degree expected in 2018
- You are passionate about working with extremely large datasets in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fluid start-up environment
- You have a hands-on attitude toward problem-solving, including a willingness to dig into terabytes of data and quickly construct tools
- You have experience with data visualization and using data to tell a story
- You have outstanding organization, communication and presentation skills
- You are a master at MS Excel and have experience with relational databases, SQL and Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
About the summer intern program:
New York City: Join 700 other AppNexians at our headquarters in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District. Worried about finding housing? We’re here to help!
Significant impact: Projects are designed specifically for you to fit your interests and skills. Shape your own role and be a part of the team that is building bold solutions to some of today’s most exciting and unique technical challenges to serve ads across the globe. Our interns are given responsibility immediately after completing onboarding.
Robust onboarding: You will ramp up alongside your class of interns. Your first week will be spent with your class attending AppNexus University. Learn the ins and outs of one of the fastest growing industries and what it means to be an AppNexian.
Performance management: We will manage your performance every step of the way and ensure you’re getting feedback in real-time. You’ll also have a formal mid-summer and end-of-summer review with your manager. Spend your summer immersed in life as an AppNexian and evaluate if AppNexus is the right place for you to join post-graduation.
Mentorship: You’ll have a mentor assigned to you from day one. Your AppNexpert (AppNexus Expert) will help you acclimate to our company, meet people across teams, and ensure you have a fantastic summer.
Events: You’ll participate in social and educational events that will help you get to know the other interns, give you the chance to meet our Executive Team, and learn as much as possible. Look forward to events like the Annual Summer Field Day, Broadway shows, Mets games, Escape the Room, and more!
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top