AppNexus acts as a financial clearinghouse for digital advertising. For the over 1,000 partners we work with, we invoice the buyers of digital advertising and remit the appropriate amount to the sellers, retaining only a small portion as our fee. The Accounting team is looking for an Accounting Clerk to record and reconcile bank transactions. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, well versed in Excel, and quick to learn new processes.
About the team:
Finance is the team that keeps the lights on at AppNexus. We measure and report the drivers for revenue and cost, devise our tax strategy, design our capital structure, manage treasury and foreign exchange transactions, evaluate mergers and acquisitions, and assist with a variety of other special projects. We are a diverse team of mathematicians and accountants who are devoted to dealing with many intellectual challenges. Our responsibilities continue to evolve due to the rapid growth of the company, which provides tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth.
About the job:
- Provide accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting group
- Download daily bank activity and journalize into general ledger entries
- Match and apply cash receipts to customers’ open invoices
- Reconcile bank accounts during the monthly close
- Assist the external audits and support as needed
About your skills and experience:
- Associate Degree in Accounting required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred)
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to troubleshoot and address issues
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to accurately report financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with others
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top