The Account Director is responsible for delivering on client and AppNexus business objectives. Our Account Directors drive revenue, provide business consultation, cultivate executive level client relationships, and identify new business opportunities. We seek candidates who are proactive, results-oriented, and thrive in an energetic environment.
This role is perfect for someone with a passion for problem solving who has a wide range of commercial and technical skills, and is seeking a role with direct and significant impact on the short- and long-term success of the company. Excellent customer relationship skills are critical, as is the ability to exercise good judgment independently. Strong analytical skills are desired, including the ability to develop assumptions and action plans based on data.
About the team:
Sales & Account Management is a driven and results-oriented organization that helps bring AppNexus’ digital advertising products to market. Our focus is building our clients’ businesses through leading-edge technology solutions, intuitive and effective ad serving tools, and strategic business consulting. We develop and nurture relationships with a wide range of publishers and advertisers to help them more effectively reach their target audience through real-time ad serving, allowing them to manage and grow their digital advertising business. Our team is seeking innovative, passionate, and driven people who can foster strong client relationships, meet sales quotas, and drive awareness of our products, all whilst thriving in a fast-paced environment.
About the job:
- Leverage relationships to grow business partnerships, optimizing for shared goals and objectives
- Drive long-term partnership value by developing an understanding of clients’ business and technical challenges, operating environment, capabilities and goals as well as the advertising technology industry and competitive landscape
- Leverage knowledge of AppNexus offerings, data driven insights, and understanding of client objectives to problem solve together and co-create valuable solutions
- Support the creation and delivery of quarterly and annual business reviews with clients; highlighting progress against jointly-agreed KPIs and identify new opportunities
- Manage cross-functional teams and stakeholders in account vision and business delivery; drive indirect (and direct where required) resources through shared goals and outcomes
- Represent client needs with other functional teams; improve internal knowledge based on competitive landscape, best in-house practices and marketable client success stories
- Provide input to help shape product roadmap and AppNexus
About your skills:
- 5+ years of relevant job experience; work in SaaS and/or AdTech a plus
- Ability to excel in a client-facing, consultative role developing complex accounts
- Experience and comfort in building and managing relationships at the senior level (ie C-level contacts)
- Capable of gaining a deep understanding of technology-enabled advertising
- Proven ability to derive and effectively communicate insights from analyzing data
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and influence clients and other stakeholders
- Innately collaborative with a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional relationships
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours. Our diversity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Celebrating our diversity with affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
Meet Some of AppNexus's Employees
Wei builds Android software development kits for companies who incorporate AppNexus into their digital advertising strategy. She helps make sure customers have a smooth product to implement.
Back to top