Director of Engineering (m/f) for AppLift
What we do:
The AppLift Engineering team works on a full-stack self-serve demand platform, which includes real-time bidding, social capabilities, as well as advanced campaign management functionalities. We help app developers to intelligently bid on advertising spaces in milliseconds. We run a multi-continent infrastructure that handles billions of requests a day, crunching huge amounts of data.
We are looking for passionate Director of Engineering who can work in a challenging and dynamic environment. Have a look at our technology section: http://www.applift.com/technology and feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.
- You manage a team of 10 developers consisting of mid-level professionals, IC’s and leads, FTE’s and contractors
- You hire, develop and coach your engineering team and overall create a working environment for a sustainable and healthy company culture
- You provide technical leadership and project management to projects being delivered from multiple locations and having 20+ developers
- You negotiate and work closely with business stakeholders and product management
- You are responsible for the technical operations of servers and data pipelines on a diverse technical stack which includes AngularJS, Ruby On Rails, Spark, Scala, Go
- You represent the Technology team in Berlin, and work with other cross-functional teams
- You are a deeply technical manager with strong coding and design expertise. You will not write code yourself but the role requires someone with deep intuition around coding
- You bring 3 years of experience managing people, and 12+ years of experience overall in the industry. At least one year should be leading a team of 8-10 developers
- You have managed both front-end and back-end projects before as a development manager
- You understand what it takes to manage high-scale, low latency systems, both from a development and an operational perspective
- You know how to deliver complex features spanning across developers, teams and locations. You are an excellent technical project manager
- You have a very high level of skill around agile development – the methodology, the toolset. You also recognize their limitations and when to innovate beyond them to meet delivery goals
- You are data-oriented and know how to design metrics to measure delivery quality, code quality and technical systems’ operational performance
- You have managed teams of size 8-10 engineers comprising of leads, individual front-end and back-end developers and contractors
- You know how to work independently and proactively. You set a high bar for yourself and your teams
- You are a leader whom people like to work with
- You enjoy working in a startup, amidst a changing business landscape. You love the opportunity of having impact far beyond your immediate responsibilities
What do we offer:
- A fun, talented, international and experienced team of engineers
- Freedom to design and use the latest technologies where relevant (“Best tool for the job” approach)
- A team culture that supports contributing back to the Open Source community
- You can choose your own equipment and the best tools to get the job done
- Stay on top of current industry trends and join tech conferences to present your work, and meet-ups all around the globe
- The opportunity to get out of the day-to-day work routine to join AppLift Labs in San Francisco to shape new product initiatives with colleagues from all AppLift offices
- Enjoy a competitive salary package and benefit from a tailored career development path
Interested? – Submit your CV or LinkedIn profile along with your GitHub Account online.
Meet Some of AppLift's Employees
As an account manager for AppLift, Iryna acts as the first point of contact for clients, ensuring their satisfaction with the service and addressing all of their specific needs.
Back to top