Worldwide Enterprise Business Operations
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 1, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200086629
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you a strategic thinker who excels at tactical execution? Do you love to solve problems and have an uncanny knack for analytics? As part of our Sales Planning and Operations group, you and your team will be responsible for delivering Apple technology to consumers, enterprises, educators, and governments in more than 80 countries. You'll apply your abilities for strategy, planning, and execution to devise operational solutions. You'll act as a fearless self-starter capable of encouraging innovation in the planning process. We partner closely with the finance team to analyze business performance, understand market dynamics, provide insights on this performance to leadership, and identify weekly opportunities and playbook(s) of actions to be driven across the team. We help drive the preparation of weekly reviews/materials to assess performance of business, monitor daily/weekly performance to dig into trends, seek out opportunities and insights to improve performance, and drive execution cross-functionally.
- You possess commercial insight experience in complex consumer electronic retailer and commercial markets, ideally with deep familiarity with the enterprise route to market and product set.
- You have successfully proven abilities in consumer/business intelligence, consumer product marketing, product management, commercial management, market research, and/or strategic planning.
- You have expertise around relevant market drivers across the "value chain."
- You make the right decisions for Apple through deconstructing complex issues into actionable ideas, have the capacity to zero in on what is most impactful, and a willingness to say no to good ideas so that we can do something impactful. This includes leading changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or during the end of the quarter push to meet forecast. You ensure the team is effectively using the tools, business metrics and reviews, and sales process to meet and exceed these commitments.
- You see around corners and look beyond just today. You have an understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and external pressures that may impact customer buying decisions. You understand how financials work to drive investment decisions within a company. You see the world through the eyes of the customer.
- You unlock the potential of every relationship. You do this by getting to know people, soliciting input and feedback from a wide variety of experts at Apple. You have the ability to connect with and influence the right people, at all levels and functions in the company.
- You keep confidences and work selflessly to always do what's best for Apple.
We assimilate into a regular weekly review of the worldwide enterprise business, while looking at longer term opportunities and driving post-mortem/learnings from events, promotions, market actions. We own enterprise business performance analysis - identifying variances, defining causes, specifying potential actions and their impact. We understand and show impact of market and competitive dynamics on business performance over various time periods. We deliver key components of weekly sales discussions with company leadership. We drive and measure execution impact across teams to deliver against opportunities.
Education & Experience
You have 8+ years of experience leading sales planning and business operations; or similar experience in finance or analytics functions, leading across diverse teams that balanced between delivering on short-term revenue goals, while seeing around corners to enable continued growth. You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent education.
- You have effective numeracy and data management capabilities.
- You have excellent analytical and presentation/communication skills.
Back to top