Workday Integrations Software Engineer - Apple Employee Systems
- Austin, TX
Posted: Jun 18, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200155251
Imagine what you could do here... At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions to complex problems? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. IS&T Corporate Systems team is about to embark on one of its biggest transformation initiatives. The program comprises a complete transformation of a custom built system to a cloud platform. We are looking for a Cloud Platform engineer to work on the Integrations track with our team of high-performing software engineers. Our teams foster a collaborative environment with creative, smart & fun people using state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected. Come join us for this once in a lifetime opportunity in building solutions for Apple that has worldwide impact.
- 4+ years of experience with HCM Integration tools and services.
- At least one full implementation of an HCM solution, with demonstrated technical and integrations experience.
- Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Workday Integration solutions using Custom Reports, EIB, Core Connectors, Document Transforms, XSLT and Workday Studio.
- Experience with Web Services and APIs (WSDL, SOAP, REST and WS standards).
- Ability to help resolve integration issues requiring in depth expertise in the Workday solution
- Demonstrated integration experience in Human Resources related domains, (Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing, Web Services, and integration challenges.
- Design, implementation and support of new Workday HCM functionality, around both internal and external integrations.
- Create detailed integration specifications, field mappings, and system process designs to support the entire integration deployment life-cycle.
- Research integration failures, perform root cause analysis, and develop plans to mitigate and avoid future system issues.
- Managing system integrations within the architecture of the Workday system.
- Analyzing and translating business and functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications.
- Understanding and follow Data Governance and ensure attention to data quality.
- Understanding and ensuring security and data privacy standards.
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and effectively collaborating across teams.
- Strong problem solving skills.
The candidate must be hands on coder doing active development and collaborate with other engineers in the team. At Apple, code quality and functional quality is aways at the forefront and one of the key measures of success. As an Integrations Engineer you will be part of the core team that builds integrations to/from a SaaS/cloud-based ERP systems both external and internal to Apple. The team would be tasked to deliver 300+ integrations across the platform which will re-define the core Business processes for Apple. Key responsibilities include: Creating detailed integrations specifications, field mappings and designs to support the entire integration deployment lifecycle. Make recommendations on design and implementation approaches for solutions related to HCM, Security, System Architecture and Interfaces. Monitor scheduled integrations and develop automated management processes. Research integration failures, perform root cause analysis and develop plans to mitigate failures in future. Maintain tools and templates for each SaaS release/update. Participate in communities to remain connected with Cloud Computing/SaaS solution providers.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 4+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 2+ years experience, or equivalent.
- Security setup and implementation is a plus
- Payroll Connector Integration implementation
- BIRT and Reporting experience
- System Monitoring and Auditing experience
- Workday Certification(s) is a bonus
Back to top