Wireless/Cellular SoC System Integration Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 27, 2021
Role Number: 200200723
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of the wireless system integration effort within a team responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art wireless communication devices.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in the design and bring up of wireless communication systems.
- Deep understanding of communication theory and signal processing-related algorithms (such as timing recovery, signal estimation, and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, etc.)
- Knowledge in existing wireless communication protocols: 5G NR/LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 802.11ad/ay or Bluetooth/BLE.
- Hands-on experience on bring up and debug of real silicon in the lab, ability to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc).
- Experience with Matlab, Python, and C/C++.
- Experience with Wireless system FW/SW regression test.
- Experience with digital interfaces including PCIe/USB/UART/I2C/JTAG
- Experience with production test systems.
- Familiarity with radiated measurements, antennas, chambers, and calibration.
As a Wireless SOC System Integration Engineer, you will be bringing up and validate wireless SoC, perform system integration, characterization, and performance optimization. You will also be responsible for debugging the system functionality and performance issues and engaging in pre-silicon development as a preparation for bringing up. Other responsibilities include: - Working closely with xFunc teams including architecture, digital, RF/Analog, FW. - Perform conducted and radiated RF measurements of devices and systems. - Develop test plans, analyze test data, and debug issues. - Research and develop advanced calibration and measurement techniques. - Evaluate and specify test instruments. - Develop test fixtures and test setup. - Develop control and automation scripts in Python/Matlab.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering is required. MS/Ph.D. preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. We will ensure that individuals are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Back to top