Wireless Systems Engineer - San Diego
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Jan 23, 2019
Role Number: 200029690
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a Senior Wireless Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, defining modem architectures, driving physical-layer algorithm designs, and developing digital signal processing schemes for novel ultra-low-power wireless applications.
- To succeed in this role, you would have:
- At least 7 years industry experience in the areas of Digital Signal Processing, Wireless Communication and chip development
- Strong foundation in Physical Layer functionality for wireless systems in areas such as detection, synchronization, channel coding/decoding, parameter estimation & tracking, etc.
- Familiarity with common analog/RF impairments encountered in wireless systems
- Proficiency with modeling in MATLAB and/or C/C++ required; familiarity with high level scripting languages such as python desirable
- Experience with lab bringup of SOC designs reaching volume production desirable
- Experience with industry standards such as Bluetooth, WLAN, UWB, GPS or other wireless protocols
- Implementation experience with wireless parameter sensing techniques such as ranging/positioning based on wide-band signaling as well as low-power design expertise desirable
- Experience with leading technical initiatives, including planning for milestones and key deliverables
• Partner with other systems engineers and digital designers in above areas to derive, simulate, implement, verify and test physical layer features, to enable a variety of novel applications in the portable & wearable consumer electronics space • Work closely with analog/RF IC designers, characterizing and accounting/calibrating for non-idealities of real-life wireless devices • Assist in test automation to improve reliability and repeatability of analog/RF device characterization, and in the optimization of analog/RF/ Physical layer device configuration during post-silicon bring up
Education & Experience
MSEE with focus on Digital Communication & Signal Processing desired, Ph.D. preferred.
Back to top