Wireless Systems Engineer
Posted: Jan 23, 2019
Role Number: 200025500
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a Senior Wireless Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, defining modem architectures, driving physical-layer algorithm designs, and developing digital signal processing schemes for novel ultra-low-power wireless applications.
- At least 7 years industry experience in the areas of Digital Signal Processing, Wireless Communication and chip development
- Strong foundation in Physical Layer functionality for wireless systems in areas such as detection, synchronization, channel coding/decoding, parameter estimation & tracking, etc.
- Familiarity with common analog/RF impairments encountered in wireless systems
- Proficiency with modeling in MATLAB and/or C/C++ required; familiarity with high level scripting languages such as python desirable
- Experience with lab bringup of SOC designs reaching volume production desirable
- Experience with industry standards such as Bluetooth, WLAN, UWB, GPS or other wireless protocols
- Implementation experience with wireless parameter sensing techniques such as ranging/positioning based on wide-band signaling as well as low-power design expertise desirable
- Experience with leading technical initiatives, including planning for milestones and key deliverables
- Partner with other systems engineers and digital designers in above areas to derive, simulate, implement, verify and test physical layer features, to enable a variety of novel applications in the portable & wearable consumer electronics space - Work closely with analog/RF IC designers, characterizing and accounting/calibrating for non-idealities of real-life wireless devices - Assist in test automation to improve reliability and repeatability of analog/RF device characterization, and in optimization of analog/RF/ Physical layer device configuration during post-silicon bringup
Education & Experience
MSEE with focus on Digital Communication & Signal Processing desired, Ph.D. preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top