Posted: Nov 13, 2020
Role Number: 200207309
In this senior leadership role, you will lead a Wireless System Engineering organization (spanning RF, PHY, MAC and Integration) to specify, develop and validate state-of-the-art wireless silicon for application in Apple's products.
- At least 10 years of engineering management experience, including at least 5 years leadership of at least one of RF, PHY or MAC systems engineering functions.
- Extensive technical background of one or more of the following:
- RF system engineering, including familiarity with RF transceiver architectures, line-up analysis and performance budgeting and simulation.
- PHY system engineering, including knowledge of advanced signal processing techniques and algorithm development methodologies.
- MAC system engineering, including familiarity with media access protocols and related industry standards.
- Familiarity with wireless standards, such as those found in IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP.
- Familiarity with prototyping and system integration methods.
- Familiarity with system validation methods and test equipment.
- Working understanding of communication systems, signal processing and algorithms.
- Working understanding of SoC development, low-power design and digital architecture.
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience managing hierarchical teams.
- Excellent communications skills - both written and oral - including experience with executive communications.
Overall leadership of an organization of consolidated Wireless System Engineering functions responsible for development and delivery of new wireless silicon and corresponding firmware for future Apple products. Lead the coordinated systems engineering efforts of RF, PHY and MAC disciplines to develop complete specifications governing silicon, firmware and module-level designs, working with partner teams in Platform Architecture, Product Systems, and Design. Develop innovative system & SoC architectures, protocols and signal processing methods to deliver best-in-class performance in the integrated wireless system. Produce RF line-up specifications in close collaboration with the RF design team to guide the development of new radio designs. Produce PHY architecture, specifications and corresponding performance / reference modeling in support of digital HW design and verification efforts. Produce MAC architecture, specifications and corresponding performance / reference modeling in support of digital HW and FW design and verification efforts. Develop and maintain a systems infrastructure applying the best methodologies for system-level simulation, pre-silicon prototyping (including emulation and FPGA prototyping) and system verification to ensure first-time design success. Integrate and validate silicon and FW to achieve compliance with all system specifications and drive corrective measures for cycles of design revision and maturation. Drive the team's participation in industry standardization efforts, as needed, in support of the product strategy. Develop and maintain the necessary system-level hardware, board designs, test solutions and lab infrastructure to fulfill the validation mission. Support the delivery, testing and integration of new wireless technologies to the Product Systems teams.
Education & Experience
MSEE or PH.D. in Electrical Engineering