Wireless System Architect - Protocol Data Plane
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Feb 4, 2020
Role Number: 200147577
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? We are searching for a hardworking engineer with 5+/- years experience to join our exciting team of innovators. In this role, you are a key member of the cellular data plane team working on modem systems architecture aspects for the L1/physical layer.
- Shown experience with upper layer (MAC, RLC, PDCP, TCP/IP) protocol system design, and a good understanding of the control plane protocols (RRC, NAS, IMS), and knowledge of the PHY layer.
- In-depth knowledge of wireless communication protocol implementation (software design/performance optimization, hardware acceleration).
- Understanding of end to end system performance aspects involving the UE and network is necessary.
- Familiar with the performance impact of CPU/Cache/Memory architecture, knowledge of system dimensioning tradeoffs, and low power design is a plus.
- Experience in 3GPP wireless standardization is a significant plus (5G-NR/4G LTE/ UMTS/GSM/CDMA)
- Experience with Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup team is highly appreciated.
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you grow with pushing the limits of what's considered feasible? As part of our system engineering team, you will use your experience in protocol data plane system design to give to leading edge wireless solutions that deliver more capability and performance in our products than ever before. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: - You will write system specifications requirements and define the data processing architecture for the data plane of the cellular modem, covering 3GPP MAC/RLC/PDCP/SDAP and TCP/IP/QUIC protocols. - You will be responsible for the delivery of modem features from concept, architecture through system design, verification, performance optimization, IODT and commercialization. - You will collaborate with the 3GPP RAN2 standards team on implementation and performance aspects of the spec and use that experience in supporting teams building state of the art wireless modems. - You will develop and run C/C++ simulations to help model the design and analyze the performance of the modem protocol data plane architecture
Education & Experience
MS with a minimum of 7 years experience or Ph.D. with 5 years experience.
Back to top